See thru clothing and garments

EQ_Guy

Best to err on the side of caution. Women should wear clothes that cover where the garmets would be if they were not dressed.

I think I get what you're saying, but can you rephrase the part about, "Women should wear clothes that cover where the garmets would be if they were not dressed."

Guest Alana

As far as the little bit of lace showing in the back (or elsewhere) I would advice to just not worry too much about it. Right now I'm pregnant and my clothes never stay where they're supposed to and sometimes I flash a little lace. This happens occasionally even when not pregnant, even though I'm wearing clothes that are modest and completely cover my garments. My intentions aren't to wear clothes that just barely cover, different garments fit differently, and I'll just pretend like everyone else has the same dilemma when I see a little too much.

The person suggested I wear my garment top, another t-shirt AND my outer shirt and I said that was too many layers for 90 degress. And no, I don't just wear my garment top in public.

Why would a guy wear his garment top, then a tank-top over that? Sounds like that would look very odd.

The person who suggested the extra t-shirt, is s/he LDS??

It is the sillyist thing I have ever seen- yes I know ONE LDS guy who does that. When he is out mowing his yard. THANK goodness the yard is at the back of the house, and very few people can see him.

By the way, I have two blouses that if I press them against me, you can see the whiteness of my garments. Don't press the shirt/blouse against you. :huh:

As far as the little bit of lace showing in the back (or elsewhere) I would advice to just not worry too much about it. Right now I'm pregnant and my clothes never stay where they're supposed to and sometimes I flash a little lace. This happens occasionally even when not pregnant, even though I'm wearing clothes that are modest and completely cover my garments. My intentions aren't to wear clothes that just barely cover, different garments fit differently, and I'll just pretend like everyone else has the same dilemma when I see a little too much.

I'm not sure how I sounded, but I'm not really concerned about that person showing the lace in back. I'm not the uptight LDS and don't stop talking to someone because they don't appear to follow all the "rules" or whatever. :) Once we had a girl, a visitor, that wore a top with straps and hard tattoos on her. I DID assume she wasn't a member, but I went directly over to her after sacrament and found out she IS a member and just, to quote her, "I just love my ink." I've heard that some people don't talk with people that don't fit into the main-stream in a ward.

The person who suggested the extra t-shirt, is s/he LDS??

It is the sillyist thing I have ever seen- yes I know ONE LDS guy who does that. When he is out mowing his yard. THANK goodness the yard is at the back of the house, and very few people can see him.

By the way, I have two blouses that if I press them against me, you can see the whiteness of my garments. Don't press the shirt/blouse against you. :huh:

I'm confused by your post. I think the person that suggested an extra shirt is a member. What is the silliest thing you ever seen... a person wearing an extra shirt or a guy mowing his grass in his garment top? Whiteness of your garment top? Do you mean that a person can see that you have them on underneath your clothing? I can see a woman's garments underneath their clothing all the time. It happens so much that I just assume it's not bad.

I'm not sure what the difference is between seeing the outline of garments through a white blouse or seeing a slip or a bra as well. All are undergarments.

I think it's totally wrong to wear dark tights and a mini-skirt. Isn't part of the point of garments to keep revealing certain parts of a person's body to a minimum or not at all? I know a person that was inactive for a long time and now she's endowed. I told her this and she felt I was wrong - she did/does wear black tights and shorter skirts. She just accused me of judging her and said it was God who needed to judge her not me. :eek: I only gave her my opinion, but she often took things in ways I didn't intend them. I met her thru a dating site. I've ended communications with her for a few reasons.

Of course she felt like you were judging here, you just told her that what she was doing was wrong. I'm amazed that we worry so much about other people's underwear. We are so quick to judge people on how they are wearing their garments or if they are wearing them at all. How other people wear or don't wear their garments is of absolutely no concern to anyone but themselves. If you feel someone is not wearing it appropriately it's not your place to correct them, you should only worry about yourself.

I think it's totally wrong to wear dark tights and a mini-skirt. Isn't part of the point of garments to keep revealing certain parts of a person's body to a minimum or not at all? I know a person that was inactive for a long time and now she's endowed. I told her this and she felt I was wrong - she did/does wear black tights and shorter skirts. She just accused me of judging her and said it was God who needed to judge her not me. :eek: I only gave her my opinion, but she often took things in ways I didn't intend them. I met her thru a dating site. I've ended communications with her for a few reasons.

Dude, take this advice from a woman.....don't ever tell a woman that she is wearing the "wrong" clothes or that her clothes are immodest--even if they are. Simply make that judgement yourself, keep it to yourself and then stop dating/seeing her. Seriously, you don't mess with a woman's appearance unless you are that girl's dad or husband with a suicidal intent.

Of course she felt like you were judging here, you just told her that what she was doing was wrong. I'm amazed that we worry so much about other people's underwear. We are so quick to judge people on how they are wearing their garments or if they are wearing them at all. How other people wear or don't wear their garments is of absolutely no concern to anyone but themselves. If you feel someone is not wearing it appropriately it's not your place to correct them, you should only worry about yourself.

Amen, Amen

Now Wingers, did you mean to thank or laugh at this comment? :confused:

Dude, take this advice from a woman.....don't ever tell a woman that she is wearing the "wrong" clothes or that her clothes are immodest--even if they are. Simply make that judgement yourself, keep it to yourself and then stop dating/seeing her. Seriously, you don't mess with a woman's appearance unless you are that girl's dad or husband with a suicidal intent.

I'm not a fan of the spots you're wearing. And the material -- maybe you should try wool instead of leather.:twistedsmall:

Not to get too technical, but just for the sake of clarification, the tights with a shorter skirt question isn't quite the same as the tank top over garments situation. If someone wasn't wearing tights with a short skirt and letting the garments MAKE them stay modest, it'd be the same thing, but how different is wearing totally opaque tights from wearing pants when it comes to modesty. Unless a skirt is so short it's practicably leaving nothing to the imagination even with tights on, what is the real problem there if the garments are covered? If it's an issue of how tight something is, wouldn't it depend on each outfit?

I have a skirt that when standing, comes to my knees. It has buttons down the front, and when I sit down, there is the chance that my garments would show between the bottom of the skirt and the first button, which is why I wear it with dark tights so I'm not paranoid about it every time I sit down. What's the real difference there? Do we dare bring the idea of leggings into this conversation?

I'm not sure how I feel about this, just trying to sort it out in my mind.

i thought of the tights question when trying to figure out the "lines" with my 4 yr old daughter. she loves skirts. she hit a growth spurt and suddenly all her favorite skirts were mini skirts. the day i noticed that she was wearing opaque tights, then half way through the day she took off the tights and it was all leg. in the morning when i saw her i thought "oh that skirt is getting to short, might be the last time she wears it". then in the afternoon when i was seeing her legs it seemed very different and i knew it was the last time she would wear it. the difference in my reaction is what surprised me. was there really a difference?

i also see wearing dark tights with a skirt as a 'just in case' measure so you don't have to stress it is very different than wearing a mini skirt with dark tights when you know there is no way the skirt would cover them.

Does anyone know why the Church doesn't make the garments they make for members of the military generally accessible? Seems like that would solve so many problems like this...

They do. They actually make sport version so any athlete can still use his/her garments while exercising but primarily design for the average military member. The concept was born for the military in chaffing problems seen while exercising in heat and in combat exercises.

Each military has different requirements as to camouflage utilities and using T-shirts being exposed, having the torso blouse removed. You can send in your colored version of T-shirt and have the markings done on the inside of he T-Shirt. While exercising in a combat fashion, meaning in wearing camouflage pants and boots, can wear one T-shirt vice two, and not exposing the markings.

They also sell the white high-collared T-Shirt version with markings. This is used for a 'charlie uniform'. A charlie uniform is a uniform without a jacket. Short sleeve shirt and pants. This way, there is only one shirt to deal with.

I've only been endowed a few months and have a question about clothing. Is there anything out there from the leadership about garments markings and outer-clothing? I mean recently I saw this nice white shirt that was on sale for about $13, down from $40 retail and noticed that it was pretty thin. My sizes are hard to come by in stores and this happened to be the only one decent that I felt was appropriate for church. I went back the next day, it was still there and I bought it.

Well, I tried this white shirt on and noticed that it's very see-thru... to the point that the folds of my garments are visible thru it - leading from my shoulder or whatever. I pressed the shirt up against me and saw that the markings are visible. Does anyone else have any experience with clothing like this?

I must say that I do look-out to see who appears to have garments now and who doesn't. I've even noticed some sisters who wear tops that are cut so low, in back, that the lace from their garments are visible. Are they wrong by wearing something so low?

Sorry, for such a long post. I haven't posted in months, so maybe I'm just rambling. :)

It is modesty when I can see low cut dress in revealing cleavage, wearing see through blouses, low cut dresses where one is constantly pulling down the helm line? For men, to tight of a shirt and pants, skimpy bathing suits, low cut frontal shirts, and so forth? Not only the clothes we wear for church but what is worn everyday and to a beach, river, lake, or pool. What is the purpose of buying such clothing if a person is a devote follower of Christ?