Question about dating

EQ_Guy

Yeah, I've said that two or three times in this thread already, but it's been glossed over. :)

Hahah. Well, you give good advice.

Asking people out does tend to get glossed over in Mormon dating. Go to any YSA ward and you'll find 90% of the guys pining after the 10% of the girls who are already dating someone.

It's so terrible that when they do ask someone out, it tends to be fumbling and embarassing for both parties.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for this, but your 3rd paragraphed losted me.

This goes back to ancient times when I was dating. If I encountered a lady worth my effort to date, I was not shy at all in making my intentions known – nor was I overboard. I was honest. I figured dating was a chance to clarify who I was, how I thought about things, who my friends are and in essence the world I live in. Also to discover in depth who the lady is – who her friends are, what she finds interesting and what she thinks is important (and what is not important). Not just who she is now but who she is becoming. To be honest – I felt that physical attractions got in the way and so I avoided being alone on dates. For example I may ask a lady on a date to do service at a retirement center or to work at the church welfare farm as well as to a popular concert or social activity.

The Traveler

Okay, on the Twilight (actually it's Eclipse now) movie date thing... usually the Twilight fans go in groups to the theater. This would be an AWESOME opportunity for you if you are the confident type who doesn't mind 20 other giggling girls in on the date. It's completely low pressure and promises to be a no-fail fun time.

But, I suggest that even if you are not really interested in the vampire/werewolf love story thing, you at least get the basics of it just so you can be in on the conversation and not get completely lost and feel out of place.

But really, take Wingnut and Funkytown's advice. Just walk up to her and tell her you're interested in her. See what happens.

This would be an AWESOME opportunity for you if you are the confident type who doesn't mind 20 other giggling girls in on the date

If he were early 20's or late teens. But at 41? I doubt it. That would be a bit weird.

Edited by pam

If he were early 20's or late teens. But at 41? I doubt it. That would be a bit weird.

What EQ_Guy is 41? Hey EQ, whatcha doing chasing them girls over there? You should be dating PAM! She's only 41 too!

Heck, I assume giggling Twilght fans (and yes, quite a few of them are in their 40s but they tend to be married) of all stripes are weird, so he'd fit right in.

You should see the group of Twilight fans from my ward who are heading to the three-movie marathon next week. A 41-year-old would fit right in.

You know that actually kinda shocked me the first time I saw it. I made the mistake of going to the movies on the day of the second movie premiere and the place was crammed full of tweens and teens as to be expected. The number of giddy 30-40 somethings was not something I expected.

Dravin, this has been hard for me to understand. Why are women so into the whole story line? Beats me. I can only imagine how the LDS world would react, though, if theaters full of adult *men* were screaming and cheering at a 17-year-old actress who took off her shirt. Sauce for the goose, and all that.

Dravin, this has been hard for me to understand. Why are women so into the whole story line? Beats me. I can only imagine how the LDS world would react, though, if theaters full of adult *men* were screaming and cheering at a 17-year-old actress who took off her shirt. Sauce for the goose, and all that.

I want to clarify, because I want to keep my man card, that when I talk about saw it I'm referring to the fans not the movie. And yes there is some weird stuff going on with this series (for some people) that if it was my wife behaving that way I'd be uncomfortable.

Edited by Dravin

I did not see the second one. A co-worker explained the plot of it. The werewolves have a high body temperature so they need to go shirtless. I asked if there would be female werewolves in the movie. She said in the book there is but that she doubted they would show a topless female werewolf girl in the movie.

I asked my wife if she wanted to see the movie on DVD but she said it sounded dumb and juvenile. Glad she felt that way. She does not usually like vampire movies except for the one that had James Wood in it a few years ago.