What temples are special to you, and why?

bl8tant

For me, there are four temples that stand out:

• the Atlanta temple is where I was endowed, and later sealed to my first wife and my sons
  • the Seattle temple is where I was first able to take my sons onto the temple grounds and talk with them about what a wonderful and sacred place it is
  • my first temple trip with my oldest son was to the Columbus Ohio temple
  • my first temple trip with my second-oldest son was in the Oakland temple

How about you?

Oakland Temple ~ I was Sealed there, all 3 of my siblings were Sealed there, my parents were Sealed there, my grandparents were Sealed there, I was the only sibling who wasn't Endowed there, went there many many times as a youth to do Temple Baptisms, etc. LOVE LOVE LOVE Oakland Temple. :)

Mt. Timpanogos ~ Recieved my Endowments there, DH was the first person I saw when I walked into the Celestial Room. Incredible Spiritual experience.

Salt Lake Temple, endowed and sealed there. Also my ancestors sacraficed for this temple and were all sealed there. We try to attend a session there every year on our anniversary.

Bountiful Temple: We lived in Bountiful and the kids saved pennies to donate to the temple fund. My son was endowed there.

Bountiful Temple - Sister married there and I received my endowments there.

Nauvoo Temple - Went there after wandering around historic Nauvoo for a little bit. I also have family history connections there and did an endowment session with someone I care quite a bit about.

Bountiful Temple - Sister married there and I received my endowments there.

Nauvoo Temple - Went there after wandering around historic Nauvoo for a little bit. I also have family history connections there and did an endowment session with someone I care quite a bit about.

Could this possibly have been the same person you wanted to broil a steak for just perfectly? :P

Newport Beach, California Temple ~ I was there as she was built, my girls cleaned inside many times at the end of a day of construction. After construction I watched over her during the public open house and dedication, I sang on her first dedicatory choir, then I was called to serve after dedication. I'm now hundreds of miles away and my baby is getting married. She's asked to receive her endowments there as that is her temple. She said that has been her goal since the day she first dusted or picked up a broken or unused tile or a scrap piece of carpet.

For Me.. ALL are special!

The only three I have seen and actually have been inside are the following

Columbus Ohio- First temple that I was able to do work in as a new member. All I saw was the Baptistry but I knew there was so much more and after feeling the presance of my HF i knew that it was a place i needed to be.

Vernal Utah- AFter passing it going to work everyday and praying on the grounds was the Temle I went to for my Endowments

SLC Temple- A place that I went to for peace. Its hard to understand why but as soon as would step foot on the Temple Square grounds the worries of this world would disapear. The wife understood that even though it was a three hour drive its worth going to the city and letting me ponder and reflect in the tranquility of this magnificent testament to our Father and His Son. And now I can say that after going to Temple Square alot have been given the oprotunity to do a session there also.

I hope to go to a few more of the great temples of the church. and thank you all for the wonderful stories also

Edited by Ghost_Rider
ooops. had to rearange a line

I was sealed to my family at the Salt Lake Temple, it will always be first in my heart.

I remember the first time I saw the San Diego temple. It was above the fog and looked completely unearthly. I think that was when I understood just how Heaven is compared with mortality.

Columbus, Ohio

the place where all of my temple experiences have been this past, wonderful year of being a new convert to the church! first baptismal session was on Friday, October 23, 2009 at 6:30pm :D, just 5 days before my Uncle, who was like a father to me, passed away. having been at the temple gave me incredible strength to deal with seeing him pass before my eyes and in the months to come.

-Possible location of my upcoming Endowment!!

Manhatten, NYC

went there on my college band's spring break tour. was so beautiful, and felt amazing to get out of the world for a couple hours.

Salt Lake City

Want to get sealed here to my future husband :) It's also the other candidate for my Endowment.

Los Angeles -- My parents married there, and it's where I did my first proxy baptisms as a youth.

Portland -- It's where I did most of my proxy baptisms as a youth, and it's just so beautiful. I would have married there, but by the time I did marry, it would have been extremely impractical.

Oakland -- I visited several times while on my mission.

Boston -- I was endowed and sealed there.

Kirtland -- I live near there and visit frequently.