Toy Story 3

Mute

This movie got a 98% out of a 100 on rottentomatoes.com I honestly didn't know what to expect when I went to see it. I wasn't sure if they were going to be able to come up with another great and fantastic movie. The reviews convinced me it was worth seeing and so I saw it in 3D. I usually agree with rottentomatoes on most reviews but this one is not one of them. I would personally have given the movie a rating in the 50 or low 60% ratio. Imo the movie was just well really boring. The story wasn't that good nor were the jokes imo. No one in the theater laughed. A little girl behind me actually screamed out that she didn't like the movie and was bored with it. The 3D is hardly even noticeable.

Has anyone else seen this movie? Surely it can not just be me that thinks this movie was horrible. I honestly can not see how it got such great reviews. What are your opinions on the movie? I loved the first two toy story movies. I just didn't like this one at all.

This movie got a 98% out of a 100 on rottentomatoes.com I honestly didn't know what to expect when I went to see it. I wasn't sure if they were going to be able to come up with another great and fantastic movie. The reviews convinced me it was worth seeing and so I saw it in 3D. I usually agree with rottentomatoes on most reviews but this one is not one of them. I would personally have given the movie a rating in the 50 or low 60% ratio. Imo the movie was just well really boring. The story wasn't that good nor were the jokes imo. No one in the theater laughed. A little girl behind me actually screamed out that she didn't like the movie and was bored with it. The 3D is hardly even noticeable.

Has anyone else seen this movie? Surely it can not just be me that thinks this movie was horrible. I honestly can not see how it got such great reviews. What are your opinions on the movie? I loved the first two toy story movies. I just didn't like this one at all.

What drugs have you been smoking Mute? I loved this movie. It was exciting, especially near the end and very touching with Andy and the little girl Bonnie. They were able to create bad guy toy characters, and interesting toy characters (ie Ken), it was a great story and in the end the toys do live happily ever after. Next time, don't concentrate so much on the 3D and pay attention to the story and stay away from those drugs. :)

M.

I LOVED Toy Story 3! I'll even admit to being a little choked up at the end, because I could totally relate to what Andy was feeling, plus thinking ahead to what his mom was feeling and how I'll be facing that situation (kids leaving for college) sooner than I want to (even though my kids are still little, they grow up FAST!)

I LOVE Pixar. :)

Mute, are you sure you saw the right movie?

Pam, bring tissues -- you'll need them. Even my husband was visibly wiping tears away by the end. It's an amazing movie, and at least as good as the first two. Don't bother spending the money to see it in 3D, though. I saw it in 3D, and I'm not sure it really added anything to the experience.

I have not see it yet, mostly likely this week with my Nice's'. I have heard the 3d is not that great with this movie. 3d only really overs depth when you are outside. (mostly).

I saw UP in 3d and loved it, but alot of that move takes place outside. Toy story 3 which seems like it takes place indoors probably isn't need.

I saw both Toy story 1 and Toy Story 2 in 3d, and they were pretty good. Added enough to the move (which I had already seen) to make it worth while.

Some movies do work in 3d, others don't. But pretty much all bigger movies (and probably most computer animated movies) well be in 3d from now on for the extra $$$

Mute, you might check with the theater to make sure you REALLY got to see Toy Story 3.

THAT WAS AN AWESOME MOVIE!!! I love it very very much! Usually, the sequel is not as good as the original - Toy Story 2 was as good as the first. Then usually, the 3rd installment is the most blah - not this one. Toy Story 3 is just as good as the first 2.

I've seen it twice already. One in 3D, the other on regular. I wouldn't mind paying the extra $ to see it on 3D, but it's really not what sells the movie. For the regular theater-goer, you get the same enjoyment in the non-3D version. I just like the 3D because I'm a techie and it was cool to see a fully computer animated movie made in 3D. It's a completely different experience from live-action 3D or rotoscoped cgi 3D movie or even cel-drawn 3D.

I haven't seen TS3 but when I do it'll definitely be in 3D.

The only downfall this trilogy would have is if the core characters were voiced by different actors than the originals. I just couldn't picture Woody or Buzz being voiced by anyone else than Tom Hanks and Tim Allens.

I haven't seen TS3 but when I do it'll definitely be in 3D.

The only downfall this trilogy would have is if the core characters were voiced by different actors than the originals. I just couldn't picture Woody or Buzz being voiced by anyone else than Tom Hanks and Tim Allens.

Slink is a different voice, but I didn't know it until I looked it up afterward. The original voice of Slink died.