The Ultimate in Emergency Preparedness

Guest mormonmusic

Guest Alana

I don't think I'd want to not be able to pick my neighbors in that situation. I feel a little mean about it, but seriously, being down there for a year with the same other nut jobs? I'd get weary of it pretty fast, there's only so many people you can blame with the toilet paper goes missing.

I'd love to build a decked out bunker and have no one know about it. A hidden basement would also be pretty sweet.

Guest Alana

Well, unless you stock your dreambunker well enough, eventually you'll run out anyway. ;)

I love the store brand stuff. Softer than Scotts, not as linty as the expensive stuff. Mine, all mine!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, to be perfectly honest, if a major event like that were going to happen, I think the first people to die are the only TRULY fortunate ones! lol. Nobody ever really thinks about what life in the aftermath would be like, you know?

The idea of actually surviving any kind of apocalypse is kind of like building Terminators-- It might sound like a wonderful solution right now. But later, you're gonna be sorry...

What you were about to face would be far worse than anything that might have killed you.

Edited by Melissa569

Your right about how bad it will be. We can read books and watch movies that depict how dreadful it will be, but we are setting in a climate controlled enviroment, eating popcorn and setting in a cozy recliner. The truth is that people in the past have lived through dreadful times and had to muddle through. I always think of the pioneers as I drive my ATV across trails that they traversed. They had to muddle through, just like we will need to muddle through the hard times, if and when they come. Even if we want to give up, we will muddle through because of our pioneer spirit and fortitude. I think you will be stronger than you think.

• 4 months later...

I pray I will never see what is coming. But my preparations will be here for anyone God leads to find these supplies. Planting fruit and nut trees can feed many people for years to come...long after I am gone.

As an older person, I find that many younger people are still wearing blinders. I wish LDS was near me here in florida, I have learned so much! Thank you all for your wisdom and willingness to help.