Temple Garments?? HELP

Kirajo

This might be an uncomfortable question to ask, and even inappropriate so if it is just let me know and I won't take offense if it needs to be removed.

Basically, I've been married for almost 4 years, but it wasn't too long ago that I started wearing Temple Garments. As awful as I feel saying this, I totally hate wearing them! But it seems like all my girlfriends and every woman I know that wears them has zero problem with them like they're the most comfortable non-problematic thing and it boggles my mind. I can't just buy a different kind every day to see if it works cause the money adds up.

So my question is: I have tried a few different kinds but can't remember what kinds. I would LOOOVVE love love any advice the women have in what kind they have found that works for them because I really want to change my attitude towards them. Here are a few of my top "issues" that I've developed:

1) The elastic-type waist. I don't know why I don't like it, and I realize that's not something that can be changed so I'll move on haha.

2) I feel like no matter what kinds I try, the waist I get is always way higher than the ones I have seen other women wearing. Is it possible that I really am just finding the only ones that are ridiculously high waisted? I know that they are meant for the "natural waist-line" but I wonder if I'm getting an extreme form of that andit makes me feel like I'm suffocating with a rubber band around my waist?.

3) I have a really long torso. No matter what kind of top I've gotten, it's almost like a belly shirt and will either barely tuck in but always come untucked, or it won't tuck in at all and bunches up under my clothes. I've tried getting the "Tall" sizes, and they were maybe like half an inch longer which didn't help much, or they were the same length but the sleeves grew 3 inches so even with my modest tops on, the sleeves were poking out and I felt horrriibblle.

4) I know for a fact that I don't like the cotton bottoms. They are way too thick and too hot for me, but I've recently been suffering from frequent girl "infections" (if you know what I mean) and everything I've read says to avoid tight waist band underwear and avoid silky underwear. Two of those things I'm having a hard time avoiding, unless some of you know of something else??!!

I know this is a private matter but I've asked a few women and they always look at me like they have no idea what i'm talking about when I ask so...I gave up on the whole " what kind of underwear do you wear cause I hate mine" chat hahah.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Please know I'm not trying to "bash" temple garments. I know their significance and importance and that is why I'm trying to take some steps to feeling better about them. My intentions are good I promise!! :)

PS-while I'm at it, I'm now pregnant and will probably be needing maternity ones??? I have never warn them before either sooooo advice there too is welcome!

2) I feel like no matter what kinds I try, the waist I get is always way higher than the ones I have seen other women wearing. Is it possible that I really am just finding the only ones that are ridiculously high waisted? I know that they are meant for the "natural waist-line" but I wonder if I'm getting an extreme form of that andit makes me feel like I'm suffocating with a rubber band around my waist?.

Maybe try out a petite-sized bottom. They are one inch shorter from waist to crotch and one inch shorter from crotch to hem than normal garments.

3) I have a really long torso. No matter what kind of top I've gotten, it's almost like a belly shirt and will either barely tuck in but always come untucked, or it won't tuck in at all and bunches up under my clothes. I've tried getting the "Tall" sizes, and they were maybe like half an inch longer which didn't help much, or they were the same length but the sleeves grew 3 inches so even with my modest tops on, the sleeves were poking out and I felt horrriibblle.

There's nothing that says that garments have to be tucked in. I buy the chemise t-shirt style tops. Most of what I wear is either t-shirts, sweaters in the winter, or blouses over a camisole. I wear the t-shirt style garment top over my bra, and being that I wear mostly knit tops, it clings (not like static cling -- good cling) to the shirt I'm wearing and they move as one. I don't tuck them in.

4) I know for a fact that I don't like the cotton bottoms. They are way too thick and too hot for me, but I've recently been suffering from frequent girl "infections" (if you know what I mean) and everything I've read says to avoid tight waist band underwear and avoid silky underwear. Two of those things I'm having a hard time avoiding, unless some of you know of something else??!!

This is tricky. Is it just cotton that you don't like, or is it the knit-type bottoms? There are cotton/poly combo fabrics. When I'm on my period, I wear panties inside my garment bottoms. I would say that while you have an active infection, you should absolutely follow the doctor's advice and maybe just wear cotton panties during that time. When the infection is cleared up, resume wearing garments. Silky fabrics don't allow your skin (or other parts) to breathe, and they don't wick away moisture. They create a fabulous environment for breeding bacteria. However, the DriSilque fabric isn't silk. It's nylon.

Here's a reference sheet to garment fabrics: Fabric Types

There's nothing uncomfortable or inappropriate about your question at all. I can't give you a lot of advice about the practical measures (seeing as I've never worn women's garments), but I do want you to know that you're not alone in your feelings about really not liking garments at the start. When I first started wearing them, I too thought they were hot, constricting, they rode up in funny ways, and they stuck to my skin whenever I worked up even a mild sweat (and I worked in front of a pizza oven at the time).

It's been almost 10 years now, and most of those issues have gone away now, but it took some time to get used to it. Stick with it and seek out advice and help from anyone you can.

Congrats on the little one!

I do use the Petite bottoms. I think I'm just going to have to get use to the uncomfortable waist, I think that's my biggest issue there.

It seems like I'd like a silkier top but the ones I've tried have been the "belly shirt" type I was talking about. Super short like maybe htiting my belly button haha. That and I'm pretty small busted so I don't fill out the cups in them. So, when I wear those they sit short and baggy under my shirt and bunch all over the place haha.

Does anyone know of some tighter tops (it seems like I can never find any thin enough to fit me and long enough to not bunch under my clothes) that are a longer style?

My sister rolls the tops of her garment bottoms, her bottoms come up super far on her torso and so to fix that she rolls the top down until it hits her natural waist. I personally wear the chemise top as well because it is more like a tee shirt. I also did not like the tops that had the "pockets" for your chest. I never fit them very well either. In general I wear the carinessa bottoms because I like the way they fit and they stretch nicely.

When I first started wearing garments it was weird as well. They feel weird and they fit weird and you have to experiment with the different types of fabric and size and such to find one that works well for you. But after awhile of wearing them (as in a few years) they become more normal. What boggles my mind though is that my brother likes one piece garments. As I girl I can't even imagine how awkward that would be.

yeah, I have been wearing them for a little over 2 years now and I lived pretty close to a really big Distribution Center in SLC so I would try a lot of different kinds but i honestly had no idea where to even start sometimes! hahah.

Do the chemise tops 'tuck in' ok? or do you not tuck yours in??

Just last night a friend explained to me that he just can't wear garment tops in the summer due to overheating. We decided that if he were to get shot, it would be best to do so in the upper thigh, where at least he does have some protection from the bottoms.

Applepansy...haha...this is embarrassing but I went to the DC once and was getting super frustrated buying one top, trying it on in the dressing room, not having it fit, having to buy another one, try it on..etc etc...so I finally got a lady in there with me with a few options and I showed her the difference between the regular tops and the tall tops. She had no idea there wasn't much of a difference except the sleeves were 3 inches longer. She had no idea what to tell me! I was sooo frustrated! :(

Kirajo, I'm in the same position. I just can't find garments that fit me right, especially the bottoms.

For tops, I've tried the round neck, square neck, and the chemise. I guess you have to be realllly big up top to fill out those pockets because I'm a D cup, and there's still room in the pockets. So far, the chemise is my favorite because, like other posters mentioned already, it doesn't have the pockets. It's very comfortable, and just feels like a regular t-shirt. I am short, 5'2", so the chemise top falls to about 2 inches below my hip bone. I think the chemise tops are made longer than the round and square neck tops, so it sounds like that might be a better fit for you.

The bottoms are more complicated for me. My hips and thighs are massive while my waist is significantly smaller. So the bottoms are super baggy on my waist and come up way too high (even the short size goes way above my belly button), fit fine at my hips, and are too tight on my thighs, to the point where I have deep elastic marks in my skin all the way around my legs. I'm pretty frustrated with the bottoms. =/

I have just started having a problem...I like the DriSilque and have worn that for years, with comfort. The last time I bought some I was told that although they continue to have the petite bottoms, that they no longer make the tops in petite...Well, I am petite ALL over, not just the bottom of my body...I now have to continuously pull the top back onto my shoulders, and they are longer on the arm...just too much material at the shoulder. Why would they not continue to make them as a set...both items in petite? :confused:

I have just started having a problem...I like the DriSilque and have worn that for years, with comfort. The last time I bought some I was told that although they continue to have the petite bottoms, that they no longer make the tops in petite...Well, I am petite ALL over, not just the bottom of my body...I now have to continuously pull the top back onto my shoulders, and they are longer on the arm...just too much material at the shoulder. Why would they not continue to make them as a set...both items in petite? :confused:

I agree! That doesn't make much sense. I have the same problem with the shoulder/sleeve area being too big and falling off.

Links provides an error. If you're trying to link to garment details on the ldscatalog website, I'm pretty sure you have to login with your own temple recommend and record numbers.

It wasn't any of the details, just a link to the page talking about custom/special garments and I'm not logged in, but you may be right. At any rate it's just talking about custom/special garments, to wit:

Special orders are also available for members who are unable to obtain correct sizing in standard garments or have workplace requirements. Special orders for these reasons will be priced the same as standard garments. Personal preferences may also be filled through special order for an additional charge.

The page says to do either, talk with them in store or give them a ring. If you go to LDS Catalog and click on:

Temple Clothing & White Clothing -> Endowed Members -> Special Needs

It'll give you the page I was trying to link to.

• 2 years later...
Hidden

Maybe try out a petite-sized bottom. They are one inch shorter from waist to crotch and one inch shorter from crotch to hem than normal garments.

There's nothing that says that garments have to be tucked in. I buy the chemise t-shirt style tops. Most of what I wear is either t-shirts, sweaters in the winter, or blouses over a camisole. I wear the t-shirt style garment top over my bra, and being that I wear mostly knit tops, it clings (not like static cling -- good cling) to the shirt I'm wearing and they move as one. I don't tuck them in.

This is tricky. Is it just cotton that you don't like, or is it the knit-type bottoms? There are cotton/poly combo fabrics. When I'm on my period, I wear panties inside my garment bottoms. I would say that while you have an active infection, you should absolutely follow the doctor's advice and maybe just wear cotton panties during that time. When the infection is cleared up, resume wearing garments. Silky fabrics don't allow your skin (or other parts) to breathe, and they don't wick away moisture. They create a fabulous environment for breeding bacteria. However, the DriSilque fabric isn't silk. It's nylon.

Here's a reference sheet to garment fabrics: Fabric Types

:cry:I love when you're on you're period. It's lovely to want to cry wearing panties inside you're garment bottoms on you're periods. Which I love when you have you're period, is that I love too see the waistband of you're loving panties above you're garment bottoms and you see the waistband of my loving boxer briefs above my garment bottoms.