Breast Implants

justaname

Anatess, I know just where you're coming from. I was a minus A until the past few years. I was made fun of by boys and girls (I once overheard a couple of guys saying they'd never date me because of my flat chest, that it would be like dating a little boy; that hurt big time, especially since I had a huge crush on one of them at the time). I considered implants many times over the years but could never afford them.

In my 30's I suddenly piled on 40 pounds and have only lost 15 of it, but I'm not so sure I want to lose the rest because that added weight finally put me in a B cup. For the first time in my life I finally feel like a "normal" woman.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Doe, I also don't feel that God will judge too harshly those who make such decisions. The world is a tough place, and the pressure to be beautiful is immense. But I question the veracity of these procedures "truly" making anyone feel better about themselves when they don't involve holy covenant & atonement. On the contrary, it seems they set up the participant to be a living justification of the practice.

Exercise, diet and grooming, to me, fall under the bracket of maintenance. This is not the same thing as the topic. Staying fit is good stewardship. I don't see how cosmetic surgery, outside of reconstructive purposes, falls under that stewardship.

How would you feel about someone getting liposuction or gastric bypass? Are they good stewards or bad stewards?

How would you feel about someone getting liposuction or gastric bypass? Are they good stewards or bad stewards?

Do you know the band Wilson Philips? One of them - a Wilson girl, I believe - got gastric bypass. She's probably going to be dead now if she didn't have it. So, in that particular case, she was a good steward.

It's not the surgical procedure that makes you a good steward or a bad steward. Just like using facebook doesn't make you cheat on your husband. It is the INTENTION behind the procedure that makes you a good or bad steward.

I'm with you, Pam. WOW.

Fortunately, at this stage in my life, I feel that I look pretty good. I'm a good bust size for my overal height and weight. So I'm not complaining. But repeating what's already been repeated over and over again, it's just not a big deal to me for those that feel they need it done, for one reason or another. More power or more confidence to them.

It's between them and God. Mental illness & chemical imbalances will of course be taken into account, but for those that ate themselves into the situation because of a complete lack of self control it will probably be difficult to defend their stewardship up to that decision. Disregarding the self is the same as disregarding Christ (Matt 25:40).

It's crossed my mind many, many times.

I was going to say something earlier about Pam not thinking about it because she's a girl, but I was afraid the innuendo would be insulting to the guys on here, lol.

I once felt bad because I had no shoes........until I met a man with no feet.

... so I thanked God for my feet and used them to work really hard to earn some money to buy shoes.

I'm rather neutral about women getting breast augmentations. Yes, some get them as part of reconstruction after cancer or an accident that left them "disfigured." And others do it to please a partner or because they simply want a bigger set of cups. It comes down to the individual woman, and think people should keep their noses out of it, unless they happen to be that woman's doctor or partner.

While it is more invasive it is really no different then dying ones hair, getting "plugs", buying a fancy sports car etc.

It can be a good thing or bad, Depends on your motivation, It can be

"I like the way I look with this"

or

"I think others will like the way i look with this"

One thing i do find ironic however is the acceptance of one form of body modification over another.(In conservative society in general)

Injecting poison (botox) into ones face to look young or getting silicone implants= a ok

Put a hole or get some ink under the skin and suddenly, the body is a temple or you hear "If God wanted you to have x you would have been born that way" ( which could cover just about any effort we use to "beautify" ourselves, even the socially acceptable ones)

Good point Hordak.

Ive had some elective surgery before that made a pretty significant difference in my life. I was the target for many jokes and rude comments before because my ears were bigger than what was considered normal. My self esteem was super low in high school because of the ridicule. It got to the point that if someone said anything about my appearance, a fight was going to break out. I didnt ask one girl out in high school because of how self conscious I was. After I graduated, I was finally able to get them "fixed". I was able to be myself because I finally felt like my ears were not the focus of everyone's attention. I finally broke out of my shell and I was loving it. I have never considered my elective surgery as anything close to something that is morally right or wrong. It definitely changed a lot about me.

For some reason, probably because breasts are more sexual, having a breast augmentation seems to be so much more controversial than other elective surgeries. Whispers of women being slutty, vain, or worldly usually follow these women around. Sure, there is a chance that some women do it for wrong reasons, but I think most of them do it for similar reasons that I had my surgery done. . . just to feel normal. I can count 12 women that have had augmentations between the last two wards I have been a part of. (Its weird how many women have told my wife after she had hers done that they too have them). Of those 12, I can only place one of them as someone who has flaunted and showcased them to attract attention to themselves. For the rest, they all dress completely modest, are great mothers, wives, and members of the church.

Well this is how I see it. If breast implants are considered vain then most women should not dye their hair and let the gray hair come out naturally. :D

Personally, I wouldn't do it but I don't see the issue with those who do.