Brushing your teeth on Fast Sunday...

xenic101

Yes and so are breath mints - in quantities less than 532.

The Traveler

I am sorry but after carefull study and expermentation the real number is no more than 239 - especially for the Scotts and Irish. :)

The Traveler

Current temperature is 104 degrees, tomorrows predicted high is 110. You'd be a fool to fast from water in this environment for any amount of time.

Yep, thus the environmental caveat, in warmer parts of the world missionaries are ordered not to abstain from water for their fasts (Fast Sunday or otherwise).

So, we can get baked now and its not against the word of wisdom? When did they change it?!

I was teaching the Word of Wisdom in Family Home Evening and wanted to emphasize that while section 89 was not by commandment or constraint, portions of the WoW have become commandments through even more modern prophets - and that counsel had extended past what was in the original revelation.

We talked about the hot drinks and tobacco verses. I then asked my 9-year-old brother to find where it talked about drugs. I waited while he looked at each verse. Finally, he lifted his head and said,

And again, verily I say unto you, all wholesome herbs God hath ordained for the constitution, nature, and use of man— Every herb in the season thereof

:o

So, we can get baked now and its not against the word of wisdom? When did they change it?!

We're talking cookies here. What are you thinking of? :P