Sign in to follow this  
Hemidakota

LDS Scriptures for Android Version 1.1 Released on the Android Market

Excellent, yet another push towards me getting an Android phone to replace my ancient HTC Touch Pro.

Until I get the Android handset I want.. where's a good WiMo scripture app?

There's an app that's been out on the Android Market for awhile now called "Reveal." It has all the scriptures plus extra material, including current Ensign. And it's freeeee. :)

Do you have a link?

No, just go to the Android Market and search for "Reveal Reader." Once you install the app, go to menu > online ebook download. All the books/magazines are arranged by category, and there's a pretty large selection. I get the new Ensign issues on my phone before I get the actual copy in the mail. I really love this app. My husband and I both use it, and it's especially convenient on Sundays because we no longer have to lug around all the heavy books to church. I also like that whenever a scripture is referenced, like in an Ensign article, a link is provided to the scripture so you can jump right to it. Very convenient.

In other exciting Android news, Amazon just released the Kindle app for Android, and it's also freeee.

I recently purchased a Android and need better scriptures than the free app provides. The thought of making my own links very interesting. However, I am a little confused, reading post by others stating that it not working. Can others who actually have this app provide me with some feedback on how they use it and does it function as advertised?

There's an app that's been out on the Android Market for awhile now called "Reveal." It has all the scriptures plus extra material, including current Ensign. And it's freeeee. :)

+1. I don't think it has marking, but I think it's the best app at this time.

All well and good, but if you are in a Church lesson with one of these and are asked to read a Scripture, please please please allow people who have regular Scriptures time to find them.:)