Which do you prefer?

beefche

Just so you know, you are ALL failing this test miserably.

And yeah, Michael, I WILL fight about it! I'm a redneck and even we know you don't put SYRUP on biscuits---it's sausage gravy, man, all the way!

When I make chicken & dumplings, I put syrup on my dumplings. My husband thought that was really weird.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Born and bred Hoosier

1. Jello--side dish or dessert? DESSERT

2. Soda, pop, or coke? COKE

3. Mac and cheese--side dish or main dish? SIDE

4. Biscuits and gravy--tear up the biscuit and eat with spoon or split biscuit and eat with knife/fork? SPLIT

5. Grits--sweet or savory? WHAT ARE GRITS???

6. Bathroom tissue--over or under? OVER

7. Green onions or scallions? GREEN ONIONS

8. Pecan: pecahn or peecan? PECAHN

Now keep in mind my wife is also a born and bred Hoosier and she would disagree with me on half of these.

Northern Hoosier, we don't bleed blue up here. Unless there is a little gold mixed in with it!

And I suppose if I were forced to eat grits (whatever they are) I would smother them in maple syrup!

And yes, something is wrong with the world, it has California in it.....LOL Don't throw stones at me its just a joke, OK?

And I suppose if I were forced to eat grits (whatever they are) I would smother them in maple syrup!

Behold, Grits!

Cooked (white):

Posted Image

Uncooked:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It is generally ground hominy but I don't think that's a technical requirement to be considered grits. Further research shows that the grits belt doesn't include Indiana so I suppose you are excused. :D

P.S. Dang it! Now I've a hankering for some grits!

Edited by Dravin

• 11 months later...

Which do you prefer and which part of the country (if from USA) do you hail from? North, South, East, West?

1. Jello--side dish or dessert? Either

2. Soda, pop, or coke? Soda

3. Mac and cheese--side dish or main dish? Side dish

4. Biscuits and gravy--tear up the biscuit and eat with spoon or split biscuit and eat with knife/fork? Biscuit with gravy-YUCK! Seriously wuld you eat pancakes with gravy??? Another YUCK! Biscuits with honey, syrup or jam- Nummy Num.

5. Grits--sweet or savory? YUCK!

6. Bathroom tissue--over or under? Over

7. Green onions or scallions? Green onions eaten alone or cut up in salad, on pizza, or in omelet. Scallions are too expensive to use, chop an onion instead.

8. Pecan: pecahn or peecan? Pea-Can. Prefer Hazelnuts myself

From the Pacific North West.

4. Biscuits and gravy--tear up the biscuit and eat with spoon or split biscuit and eat with knife/fork? Biscuit with gravy-YUCK! Seriously wuld you eat pancakes with gravy??? Another YUCK! Biscuits with honey, syrup or jam- Nummy Num.

I might. :P