Need in Public Entertainment: Fundamentalist Vampires?

Moksha

Is there an unmet need in public entertainment for Fundamentalist Vampires? In the Bram Stoker novel, Dracula had three wives. There was even a movie in 1960 named Brides of Dracula. Isn't the public silently calling out for a remake, perhaps from the female perspective about the love for a misunderstood Dracula and the joys of having Sister-Wive Vampires?

In such a remake, perhaps these three female fundamentalist Sister-Wive Vampires could be named Clairay, LaPree and Deseret. Rather than setting this in Europe, perhaps this modern day story could take place in the desert of Provovania, which is located somewhere in the American West.

What do you think? Do you have any details to add which would help the script?

:)

Are you suggesting an LDS vampire?

Well not exactly. Polygamy was done away with in the first and second manifestos, along with not allowing polygamists to enter the Temple in the mid-1920s.

Don't know the exact status of Vampirism. However these would not be regular Mormon Vampires. They would be Fundamentalist Vampires.

They would need to sleep on the native soil of Provovania, even if they were to relocate to Caldwell, Idaho.

Well not exactly. Polygamy was done away with in the first and second manifestos, along with not allowing polygamists to enter the Temple in the mid-1920s.

Don't know the exact status of Vampirism. However these would not be regular Mormon Vampires. They would be Fundamentalist Vampires.

They would need to sleep on the native soil of Provovania, even if they were to relocate to Caldwell, Idaho.

Try writing a book :)

Here is an odd take in your plot. If they had been LDS polygamists in the late 1800s, and then tuned by a vampire, then why would they have to be fundamentalists? They would be under the pre-manifesto rules and could even hold callings I think. :eek:

Edited by Voyager

Ah, except that they could have been polygamous vampires during the time that polygamy was allowed. How would that affect the ban on polygamy and there inability to enter the temple. Adds a new light to the legend doesn't it. Vampires not being able to enter holy ground would really be a matter of this manifesto prohibiting them because they were among the original polygamists.

LOL

Ah, except that they could have been polygamous vampires during the time that polygamy was allowed. How would that affect the ban on polygamy and there inability to enter the temple. Adds a new light to the legend doesn't it. Vampires not being able to enter holy ground would really be a matter of this manifesto prohibiting them because they were among the original polygamists.

LOL

Who said they were LDS? This group of vampires (officially known as Pater Nosferatu) believe in emulating the undeath of their founder, Dracula (as taught by Bram Stoker).

I myself am very opposed to vampires taking multiple wives as it leads down a very slippery slope. If it's ok to redefine vampire marriage to include multiple partners, why not sanction partners of other types? Why not human or bat or dog (since a vampire can take these forms), why not expand to include even a werewolf? It disgusts me that these ideas are even toyed with in popular fiction.

Who said they were LDS? This group of vampires (officially known as Pater Nosferatu) believe in emulating the undeath of their founder, Dracula (as taught by Bram Stoker).

I myself am very opposed to vampires taking multiple wives as it leads down a very slippery slope. If it's ok to redefine vampire marriage to include multiple partners, why not sanction partners of other types? Why not human or bat or dog (since a vampire can take these forms), why not expand to include even a werewolf? It disgusts me that these ideas are even toyed with in popular fiction.

I said they were LDS. Because I'm playing a little game most folks call "make believe". Perhaps you can start a facebook group of people who are opposed to polygamist vampires as well as one that deals with the pressing issue of vampires dating outside their species.

:eek: