Noah, is it starting to rain?

Voyager

I am a little more motivated to get food storage now. In priesthood the subject came up for a few minutes because a shipment of wheat is coming in next week. Poople can can it and it will last for years. then I came home and someone had sent me this video.

I do not know much about this man but he makes sense. The state I am in is closing things down daily and shortening the school year to save money. Unemployment is going higher and higher and the sate has no clue where to get money. And no, I do not live in California.

When 9-11 took place the economy took a huge hit. We were relatively healthy then. What happens if something hits now (look at the oil spill). We are vulnerable. And then what about President Packer's warnings last year?

I think it is time to take inventory and come together as families and extended families and form an emergency plan just in case. We need to pull together.

I think it is time to take inventory and come together as families and extended families and form an emergency plan just in case. We need to pull together.

I am hoping that wards and stakes can pull together in this capacity to help those in the Church family out, should a major sustained disaster occur. I do have some trepidations that rugged individualism may kick in and people will adopt an every man or family for themselves attitude, in which the principle of dog eats dog occurs. What a test this would be of those who are really on the path of Jesus.

I am hoping that wards and stakes can pull together in this capacity to help those in the Church family out, should a major sustained disaster occur. I do have some trepidations that rugged individualism may kick in and people will adopt an every man or family for themselves attitude, in which the principle of dog eats dog occurs. What a test this would be of those who are really on the path of Jesus.

I have a testimony of the restored Gospel and believe that we, as a body of believers, will come together. It will not be overnight. this is not a Hollywood disaster movie. People are already hurting in almost every ward in the USA. Maybe this is the issue for us to reach out first to our less active family members. We then need to reach out to our commmunities. Can we avoid another depression? I do not know. It is best to prepare just in case. The warnings on the wall give little to justify optomism for the national economy. What does count most I believe is what happens with us and if we can weather this.

True character will come out. Unfortunately I am not prepared like I should be.

Guest mirancs8

I am definitely NOT prepared at all. Ever since I moved to AZ I just don't have the room nor desire to food store. I use to always have a 6 month supply stored in PA. It is scary a bit seeing that they are closing schools here in AZ like a plague. It's really bad here. The teacher have more students then they can handle and the kids are just irritated and bored. Seems like they want to diagnose every kid with ADHD just because they get bored in class. I think the teachers are just overloaded with way to many kids in their classes. I went into my sons class and I just couldn't believe it. There was no room to walk between desks! They were crammed in there.

If I was married and able I would be strongly considering homeschooling after what I've experienced the past 2 years with the schools. We have so many vacant shopping centers and even more vacant office/corp center buildings. It's very sad to see. I'm sure they are seeing this in other states as well but AZ got hit really hard.

Because of the acceleration of the current economic decline, I took the liberty of pricing the download version of my book "Building the Ark: Preparing Today to Live in the United Order" to FREE. The print copy is still on sale, but if you want the PDF file, it doesn't cost you a thing.

The book examines statements and teachings of latter-day prophets about how LDS folks will enter into "principles of union" to survive the judgments that will come upon the nations. Lorenzo Snow said that entering into the United Order would be as necessary as getting on the ark was to Noah and his family.

If you're interested in the topic of this thread, you should get the free download and recommend it to your family and friends. To get the free download, click on the link below. Under the "Add to Cart" button, you'll see the link for the free download.

Building the Ark - Preparing Today to Live in the United Order by Greg West in Religion & Spirituality

I am definitely NOT prepared at all.

I am uncertain how we can ever be fully prepared for a sustained major disaster. I am very impressed though with the folks who have put together the seed repository in Norway (hope I got Norway right - in one of those northern countries). If ever there was foresight, this is it. Not sure if anybody has provisioned a self sustaining (one that can make it between one interglacial period to the next) cavern city outside of Russia. I suspect one in Utah would be a good idea.

Before I was baptized I started volunteering at the Bishop's Storehouse and canneries, because it's a special project thing for me. (Dry pack is an hour away and wet pack is about 2 hours away.) Anyone who has never done that will be seriously surprised at how small they actually are in the areas they serve. They are in no way equipped to handle numerous masses of hungry people, so I hope nobody is depending on that kind of thing. In a localized emergency (Katrina, Haiti), many storehouses can send stuff, but not if their areas are affected as well.

You have to be a little careful about Alex Jones. He sounds great, but fairly often his information is not well-researched, and he's always crying that the sky is falling.

And Noah...?

Here is a good argument that The Law of Consecration is superior to any other system.

Posted Image

I believe the future is coming fast.