Moroni's Quest

meghanedm

I have a question for y'all, if you have been involved in a program such as moroni's quest. My stake this year has decided that they will not do another moroni's quest because someone has told themn it does not rate as a 'spiritual experience". I this that is balony! if anyone has been to a moroni's quest...please tell me what you thought, good or bad! or how about telling me what kind of experiences you have had, such as efy or other fireside and such.

• 2 years later...

Ok, EVERYONE needs to know about Moronis Quest!!! And since i was there twice, I'll tell you!!

First of all i cannot believe someone said its not a spiritual experience. It was the most spiritual experience I have ever had in my whole life.

It's such a huge camp that it only takes place every 4 years. There are tribe leaders, who are prayed about and inspired, and every youth ages 14-18 are also prayed about and placed into a tribe. Every tribe leader picks a name, usually funny, but church related(example: My 1st tribe was Anti-Cavitite-Dentites..my tribe leader was a dentist). We all meet Friday morning, meet our tribe leader and everyone else there(there was usually about 200+youth..and that was just the stake 14-18!)We would build travious, and spend the day hiking, on a pioneer trek. It was always so much fun. Sat and Sun were filled with re enactments from the New Testament. This helped so much with understanding it. Funny at times, you could always feel the spirit. It was so awesome. Everyone was always happy there. Everyone I know who's gone calls it Zion. It's just that awesome!! Sunday is the most spiritual day of re enactments. We re enact the darkness, which is super scary and super real. Then Christ comes(of course someone is dressed up) but that doesn't matter b/c the spirit is so strong and no one has a dry eye. Ever. Moroni s quest has changed so many ppls lives and that is why the youth in the Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada stake is so incredibly strong. I cannot fully testify to you of how spiritual that camp is. I think every stake in Canada should do this. It's such a great idea. There is so much more into it then what I said here, but i could seriosuly write a book about it, there so much preparation, so much going on, so much to feel, and so much fun. It's insane in an awesome way.

In my opinion no one has the right to say that they don't think Moronis Quest is not a spiritual experience when they havn't been. I feel offended by that, because that was the hugest feeling ever...SPIRITUAL!!

• 6 months later...

Can someone who's participated in the planning of Moroni's Quest please provide me with links/contact information regarding Quest and how to organize. Our stake is calendaring ahead for our next Trek (or Quest) in 2011 if we can locate some information on how to plan a successful Quest. Thanks for your help!

Sandy

Can someone who's participated in the planning of Moroni's Quest please provide me with links/contact information regarding Quest and how to organize. Our stake is calendaring ahead for our next Trek (or Quest) in 2011 if we can locate some information on how to plan a successful Quest. Thanks for your help!

Sandy

I know soooo many ppl who has been in the preparation of this. I will talk to them and see what they can give to help.