Enlist in the Army.. The KISS Army!

MisterT

I've been a fan of KISS for about 10 years; I decided I liked them better, and would rather my kids listen to them than Brittany Spears.

Imagine my surprise to see Gene Simmons on tour with the USO!!!

Most musicians, especially those in the Rock and Roll field, are anti-Military, anti-USA, and phenomenally anti-conservative. Like Jeoff Tate from Queensryche (one of my favorite bands - Operation Mindcrime and Mindcrime II are probably the absolute best rock "opera's" ever written).

Good on Gene Simmons and his band!

Most musicians, especially those in the Rock and Roll field, are anti-Military, anti-USA, and phenomenally anti-conservative.

Good on Gene Simmons and his band!

You're definitely right about that! Personally I'm a big fan of Rise Against and Story of the Year (both punk bands) and have a pretty good range of songs from hard to soft, and some of their songs have really good lessons, but at least Rise Against is really anti-military/US

Guess it depends on what rock and roll bands you listen to. I've been to more Styx and REO Speedwagon concerts than I can count and they are always making comments in support of troops.

Except for country music artists. They tend to be the opposite polar extreme.

Except for those dumbole Dixie Nitwits.

I did kinda agree with them though. W wasn't exactly one of my favorites either; although I voted for him the last time. I unfortunately fell into that "gotta vote for the lesser of two weevils" crap idea. A weevil is a weevil is a weevil.

The last time I obstained from voting; I thought both candidates were trash, and I believe we will be held to account for how we excercise political force in the form of voting when we meet the Boss.

Guess it depends on what rock and roll bands you listen to. I've been to more Styx and REO Speedwagon concerts than I can count and they are always making comments in support of troops.

They're also in their 80's by now, and therefore, by definition are "Tools," brainwashed, and suffering from Alzheimers; cause everyone knows that all real Rockers are counter culturists and hate The Man.

You're definitely right about that! Personally I'm a big fan of Rise Against and Story of the Year (both punk bands) and have a pretty good range of songs from hard to soft, and some of their songs have really good lessons, but at least Rise Against is really anti-military/US

You wrote "Rise Against" and I thought I read "Rage Against," as in "Rage Against the Machine." I would fully expect any band calling its self that to be anti-establishment.

Rise against? Sounds like a good name for a downtown bakery to me. Maybe even one run by a bunch of Relief Society rebels...

Don't get all bent out of shape with me, Lady. I'm not the one that makes the rules here!

No, but Pam is one who enforces the rules here. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm pretty fed up with you going on and on about how great you are, and how the ladies swoon for you, and how you'd like to knock this or that person around. Get over yourself. If you can't, then talk to yourself about it, because other people just don't care how great you are.

I think Gene Simmons is Jewish. And Alice Cooper's father was Mormon anyway, he's named Moroni Enoch or something similar to that, and Alice Cooper is pretty conservative.

My favorite AC quote:

If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are. Why are we rock stars? Because we're morons. We sleep all day, we play music at night and very rarely do we sit around reading the Washington Journal.

Except for those dumbole Dixie Nitwits.

They're also in their 80's by now, and therefore, by definition are "Tools," brainwashed, and suffering from Alzheimers; cause everyone knows that all real Rockers are counter culturists and hate The Man.

Don't get all bent out of shape with me, Lady. I'm not the one that makes the rules here!

you are right you don't make the rules. you did agree to abide by them and you obviously haven't read them. a couple that might be of interest to you...

3. Personal attacks, name calling, flaming, and judgments against other members will not be tolerated.

11. Bigoted/racial/ethnic comments will not be tolerated.

Content/Activity Prohibited. The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the LDS.NET Services. .... is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual

please follow this link for the rest of them Terms & Conditions » LDS Mormon Network

has this thread run it's course yet?

No, but Pam is one who enforces the rules here. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm pretty fed up with you going on and on about how great you are, and how the ladies swoon for you, and how you'd like to knock this or that person around. Get over yourself. If you can't, then talk to yourself about it, because other people just don't care how great you are.

I suggest you put my on your 'ignore' list.

And if you can't see that I'm being sarcastic about myself, I recommend you take a course in english comprehension. There is a reason I use the words I do, construct the sentences the way I do, use the punctuation the way I do, and add emoticons the way I do. And that is to convey the message that I'm taking myself as serious as I deserve; which is not at all.

I think Gene Simmons is Jewish. And Alice Cooper's father was Mormon anyway, he's named Moroni Enoch or something similar to that, and Alice Cooper is pretty conservative.

My favorite AC quote:

If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are. Why are we rock stars? Because we're morons. We sleep all day, we play music at night and very rarely do we sit around reading the Washington Journal.

Pfft.. hahahaha!!!

"Sleep all day, out all night; I know where you're going!" - Song Funk

Love Silent Lucidity.

My dont-wanna-admit-they're-my-favorite-band is Rush and not only are they anti-USA, they're anti-religion too. But man, those boys can make awesome music.

As someone who shares MrT's feelings about the group Dixie Chicks, please note: Two of the three are now recording new music under the moniker ‘Courtyard Hounds’. Natalie Maines (the one who gave aid and comfort to the enemy while in London) is not one of these two. All 3 of them did just finish touring with the Eagles as the Chicks, so we'll have to see.

In the interests of finding something nice to say about one's enemy, I will say that Maines once publicly spoke against legalizing marijuana.

LM

Love Silent Lucidity.

My dont-wanna-admit-they're-my-favorite-band is Rush and not only are they anti-USA, they're anti-religion too. But man, those boys can make awesome music.

Oh UGH. I didn't know that about Rush. Just a couple days ago I was thinking I needed to replace my Moving Pictures album. This is why I hate hearing politics from performers (that disagree with mine.) It just ruins their talent for me.

Oh UGH. I didn't know that about Rush. Just a couple days ago I was thinking I needed to replace my Moving Pictures album. This is why I hate hearing politics from performers (that disagree with mine.) It just ruins their talent for me.

Rolls the Bones -

Faith is cold as ice

Why are little ones born only to suffer

for the want of immunity or a bowl of rice?

Well, who would hold a price

On the heads of the innocent children

If there's some immortal power

to control the dice?

Why are we here? Because we're here... roll the bones.

Why does it happen? Because it happens... roll the bones.

Tom Sawyer -

His mind is not for rent

to any god or government

always hopeful yet discontent

he knows changes aren’t permanent

but change is

But then, they're Canadians... :D

MisterT would like Rush probably... they're as libertarian as you can get in the music genre.

This is why I hate hearing politics from performers (that disagree with mine.) It just ruins their talent for me.

I listen to musical artists for their music and artistic talent. I don't care if they agree or disagree with my politics, or if they have pink hair or 12 toes. If they make good music, I listen to it.

I listen to musical artists for their music and artistic talent. I don't care if they agree or disagree with my politics, or if they have pink hair or 12 toes. If they make good music, I listen to it.

I just can't. I haven't seen a Robin Williams movie since the Clinton inauguration. I simply don't want to know people's political views.

I just can't. I haven't seen a Robin Williams movie since the Clinton inauguration. I simply don't want to know people's political views.

I'm not sure I've seen a Robin Williams movie since Patch Adams, but that's just because it was a sucky movie.

No, I have seen others. But that was still a sucky movie.

Who was it that said, when commenting on the blathering of celebrities, "Just shut up and dance, monkey!!!" Was that Anne Coulter?

I like RUSH; saw them in concert back in "03" in Kansas City; a few months after KISS and Aerosmith in Omaha.

KISS ain't the best music, for sure, and the performers themselves are utter swine (even and especially Gene Simmons - you wouldn't believe what I saw him do with my own two eyes backstage after their concert), but their performance is downright fun; and in comparison to modern pop queens like Spears and her ilk, I find the topics and lyrics of their songs to be much more.. wholesome.

Silent Lucidity is a great piece, but its nothing in comparison to Suite Sister Mary or Electric Requiem or Eyes of a Stranger from Mindcrime, or One Foot in Hell, The hands, Re-arrainge you, or The Chase from Mindcrime II. If youve never heard those albums, I recommend purchasing them outright and listening to them through several times before forming an opinion. Instead of a variety ensamble, they're a true Opera, albeit a Rock Opera. The entire album is one long continuous story, told through overtures, movements, and solo pieces. Its a fantastically deep and sorrowful story filled with pity, abuse, revenge, regret, and finally redemption. Universal theme's found throughout all cultures from all times, and especially prevalent in the Scriptures.

Being a HUGE fan of Opera (Turandot, Das Rheingeld - Der Valkure, Carmen, The Magic flute, Tosca, being amongst my favorites) I like my stories told in song and symbolism.

I also like Kid Rock; not just because of his evolving style of music, but because beneath his drug-adelpated exterior he's a Patriot, having spent millions of his own dollars, without the urging or support of others, to provide entertainment to our Troopers in garrison and overseas; never having sought any publicity or personal benefit as a result. I've also seen him in concert several times, last time as Summerfest last June in Milwaukee, and he is very Pro-American and pro-American symbolism. Yeah, I don't really like people wearing the flag as clothing, but I'd sure rather have that than them spitting on it while they use it as floor covering. Of course, it is just a piece of fabric colored by pigment and has no real value other than as symbolism of ideals and a rally point. I fully support people who wish to burn it, walk on it, spit on it, cover their cars with it, or who cut it u and use it for toilet paper. Its their property after all. Do that to mine and we'll have a confrontation, likely a physical one, but that's for no other reason than you being disrespectful of my property.

Anyway, ROCK ON!!!

Rush rules almost all in the rock world. And IMHO the best rock opera ever is The Wall. Now I know what you're thinking, and I struggle with this too. The Wall is and anti war message, and Roger Waters is one of those anti conservative types you refer to. But the story is so well told and the music is flawless. Since the day The Wall was released it was on my top tem album list, maybe even top two behind Moving Pictures, Red Barchetta. You have to put Red Barchetta at the top if you really like your stories told in song. Just close your eyes and imagine while you listen to Red Barchetta. Rock n roll and automobiles, put those together and what red blooded male (and some really cool females) wouldn't love this song.

I like Pink Floyd a lot; although I prefer Dark Side of the Moon. The Wall never was, and never will be a favorite of mine mostly due to the recording method. I am a bit of an audiophile; I use Beyerdynamic headphones, Polk Audio RTI 12 speakers, ADCOM GFA 555 amplifiers in monoblock form; Sound balancing is done with a Yamaha analogue (tube type) "parametric" equalizer; discrete class A circuitry, as quiet or more quiet than all but the most modern and expensive of digital equalizers.

I use a pink noise generator and sampler to tune the audio output to the acoustic dynamics of the room. I want signal reproduction as flat as possible so that what I'm hearing is as faithful to what was recorded as possible.

I use a sunfire subwoofer for sub-20hz sound reproduction; which is primarily nothing more than moving air as its below the threshold most people can hear.

A Nakamici cassette player, a Bang and Olufsen turntable; both slaved to a DBX coder/decoder, a high-end studio-deck Toshiba monitor CD player; optical cabling where possible and braided copper conductors where necessary. I like to hear pure, clean sound. My favorite recoding and production company is TELARC; true DDD recording and reproduction. You can hear lips being licked, strings brushed from fret-to-fret, the pic slipping off during a strum.

The Wall was full of distortion, intentionally caused; whereas Dark Side of the Moon was as clear as they could possibly make it at that time with analogue equipment.

One of my most prized posessions is an LP recording of Thelma Huston and the Pressure Cooker's release of "I've got the music in me," at that time the most accurate recording ever made. its almost as clear as a AAD CD reproduction from a reel-to-reel master. The frequency response characteristics from the B&O turntable (an amethyst stylus with a diamond welded on the end) is spectacular and every detail can be heard.

RUSH is fun, I wish they'd evolved a littlle more like Boston has. Synthesizers were cool in the 60's and 70's, but less fashionable now.