Greetings from this new guy.

Fraxinus

Greetings, everyone.

I've been lurking for a little while and finding all the conversation interesting and the atmosphere welcoming, so I decided to sign up.

I joined the Church a very, very long time ago, but my sponsors moved away and I fell away very soon thereafter. I ended up becoming a Catholic after a years-long intensive search. Despite this, I never turned away any missionaries who came to my door and have always had interesting talks when they visit.

Just had some missionaries drop by the other day and I got to talking to them about how I didn't believe in the Great Apostasy. After they left, I decided to try to understand how Mormons could believe in the Great Apostasy, so I checked out a book entitled The Inevitable Apostasy by Tad R. Callister from the library and am finding myself amazed at how little I knew about Mormon theology - and how not crazy it is. ;)

So, I'm here for fellowship and to ask a bunch of silly questions to get my facts straight. I'm here as an earnest seeker.

Hiya Fraxinus!

I was Catholic too, very devout, until I had a spiritual experience on the apostasy.

I love the Catholic church. It is my foundation - a very important part of my journey.

Welcome!