Questions about receipt of the Melchezidek Priesthood

Matthew0059

1) Yes, in my experience, outside of families recently joining the Church it is a family member (sometimes an Uncle or Grandfather, even a Brother if the Father is unavailable or unworthy at the time) who does so. This applies to Aaronic too.

2) More than one can stand in the circle and I think, once again my experience, it is perfectly acceptable. Just keep in mind not to go invite happy, one or two should be fine but trying to fit a dozen people around your head can be nigh impossible. Or do you mean just to be in the room? I'd say keeping it limited to close friends and family and keeping the numbers down so they don't have to fill the chapel.

I was ordained an Elder when I was away at school. My older brother who had just gotten home from his mission was the one who ordained me, and I had the Bishop and my 5 roommates in the circle (total of 7 people). This is something that is normally done in the quorum or in private with friends and family.

I was ordained by my father and I ordained all my sons. I am grateful that the priesthood is a family tradition but it is not necessary. However, if you can I suggest you make the priesthood a family tradition.

The Traveler