Isn't advocating violent crime illegal?

Voyager

A tape has now turned up where New Black Panther Minister King Samir Shabazz, one of the two charged with voter intimidation, rants before a small crowd: “You want freedom. You’re gonna have to kill some crackers. You’re going have to kill some of their babies.”

Source,

The American Conservative The NAACP’s Race-Baiting

Why is this man not being charged with a hate crime? Why is this man allowed to encourage violence? I thought the Bill of Rights allowed free speech but not when one urged people to commit horrible crimes.

I do agree if you swapped some words people would be up in arms. I wonder if he gets away with it because he isn't saying, "Go out and kill crackers!" but saying if they want freedom they are going to need to do so. I'm no lawyer though.

Source,

The American Conservative The NAACP’s Race-Baiting

Why is this man not being charged with a hate crime? Why is this man allowed to encourage violence? I thought the Bill of Rights allowed free speech but not when one urged people to commit horrible crimes.

I believe the way it works is that violent speech against groups is protected, but violent speech that singles out an individual is not. For instance, I can say we should kill all the mormons, and my speech is protected by the First Amendment. But if I say we should kill John Doe, the protection of my speech get a little muddy.

So, no, I don't see how his speech could be open to litigation. It's just in bad taste.

I've given up on anything legal coming out of this administration.

Yes. Because the Nation of Islam never existed in previous administrations and never said exactly the same thing for the past few decades and got away with it.

Wait... Wait... I forgot. It's not opposite day.

I am curious, UrbanFool: What you're saying seems to suggest it's the fault of this administration that this man is getting away with this. When the Nation of Islam(Political entity, not Islam itself) has been saying these things for decades and getting away with it, why would you bring up this administration? I must be missing something here. I suspect you're simply bringing in something irrelevant to bash Obama with, but don't really know anything about the situation being discussed, but I'm willing to be proven wrong.

So, to reiterate my question: Why is it this administrations fault that the Nation of Islam is getting away with saying the things they've been saying since their creation?

Yes. Because the Nation of Islam never existed in previous administrations and never said exactly the same thing for the past few decades and got away with it.

Wait... Wait... I forgot. It's not opposite day.

I am curious, UrbanFool: What you're saying seems to suggest it's the fault of this administration that this man is getting away with this. When the Nation of Islam(Political entity, not Islam itself) has been saying these things for decades and getting away with it, why would you bring up this administration? I must be missing something here. I suspect you're simply bringing in something irrelevant to bash Obama with, but don't really know anything about the situation being discussed, but I'm willing to be proven wrong.

So, to reiterate my question: Why is it this administrations fault that the Nation of Islam is getting away with saying the things they've been saying since their creation?

Maybe I didn't put that right. It's this administration's fault that they can't keep themselves from lying. I didn't say anything about the nation of Islam. I saw a creepy guy with dreadlocks screaming about crackers and killing their babies, and then I saw the same creepy guy with a haircut and expensive suit saying the same thing nicely. I see Obama do (or not do) things that the GWB would have been pounded into the dirt for and everyone just keeps on smiling. Well, just keep on smiling. I'm beginning to believe in Alex Jones' train-car gulags (and that's just not normal.)

I wrote my original post when I was particularly depressed. I keep promising myself to not talk politics. It just makes me bang my head on the desk.

Maybe I didn't put that right. It's this administration's fault that they can't keep themselves from lying. I didn't say anything about the nation of Islam. I saw a creepy guy with dreadlocks screaming about crackers and killing their babies, and then I saw the same creepy guy with a haircut and expensive suit saying the same thing nicely. I see Obama do (or not do) things that the GWB would have been pounded into the dirt for and everyone just keeps on smiling. Well, just keep on smiling. I'm beginning to believe in Alex Jones' train-car gulags (and that's just not normal.)

I wrote my original post when I was particularly depressed. I keep promising myself to not talk politics. It just makes me bang my head on the desk.

Wasn't it two Lawyers for the Justice Department quit and spoke out against the White House telling his boss to do nothing? I believe, this was on a Coast-to-Coast show and in the newspaper last month.

Wasn't it two Lawyers for the Justice Department quit and spoke out against the White House telling his boss to do nothing? I believe, this was on a Coast-to-Coast show and in the newspaper last month.

Let me guess. Fox news? They can report until their eyes bug out and not a single other mainstream media outlet will pick it up. (Kinda like the protest of the NYC Mosque.) Perhaps some people consider that it didn't happen then, but I don't.

I wonder what the Justice Department would have done if two Klansmen, in full white sheets, had stood at a voting booth and threatened black voters. And if one of the KKK guys had said something about killing black babies if the networks would have reported it.

Let me guess. Fox news? They can report until their eyes bug out and not a single other mainstream media outlet will pick it up. (Kinda like the protest of the NYC Mosque.) Perhaps some people consider that it didn't happen then, but I don't.

Neither, I stated Coast-to-Coast radio. A member of the family works late night shifts and listen to this case.