Oh Boy, what a week I have had - -

Iggy

On the 13th of July I was "downsized - terminated" at work.

My boss wanted me to work until the 15th- I didn't say yes or no- I was too numb to talk other than to ask her if she wanted me to leave when she did at 5:30 or to stay until 7? - She said stay.

At 7 locked the doors and drove to Target and bought 4 plastic totes. Came back to work and packed up my plants, pictures, pens, etc. Then

I locked up and went home. Once I got home I broke down and had a REAL good cry.

Husband called me at 10:30 PM- said he had a feeling he needed to call - I broke down again- managed to sob out: check email, then I hung up.

I got to work the next day early - finished the project in process-then attempted to work on the next project, yet my boss kept taking work away from me, or asking me how do we do this? Rather than just let me do it and get it done before my shift ended.

I have to admit, without the next project to work on I was totally lost- I couldn't think- so I emptied the delete folder in my email program, gathered up my two fans (small table fan and floor tower fan) and told the boss that I was leaving- that this was my last day.

She was totally stumped why I would leave early. She wanted me to stay and let her pick my brain about how my job is done. She had told me the previous day that the job I was doing was her forte- so HUH?? what is with the picking my brain????

The evening I was terminated; husband and I had a real good talk, soul searching, touching. Man oh Man- Father blessed me with THE MOST wonderful companion!!

He said: Iggy, why don't you take advantage of this great opportunity and go to the Oregon Coast and find us a place there. Take the month of August ( it is the hottest and nastiness month in AZ) and look. Either to buy or to rent. Look for a job, go see your family, take a month or two if need be.

WOW!!!! OK, more tears came- because I thought I was going to have a fight on my hands regarding me moving back to Oregon - Not so -

----many grateful thanks sent up to Father- - -

On thursday I went surfing the MLS for the Central Oregon Coast and came across a 1992 Manu home for sale - cheap. On impulse I called a girl friend and asked if she would go take a look, smell, listen for rodents. I called an agent (also a girlfriend of mine) and asked if she would contact friend #1 and go see this home.

They did - even sent me pictures- It is sooooo cute, clean, new carpet, sheetrock walls through out, freshly painted, vaulted ceilings through out, new sinks in bathrooms.

I am leaving this friday to drive to the coast and see, smell, kick walls and listen for rodents, talk with the park owner/manager and offer them $5,000 less than their asking price.

Sure wish I had a traveling buddy - Husband can't go- he is having eye surgery on the 22nd and then the other eye will be done on the 4th of Aug. He can't risk going and catching a cold.

It is too short of notice for my oldest brothers wife to fly here and go with me.

Once we either get it - or not, I will go on up to Seattle and spend some time with my family.

Busy week- lots and lots to be grateful for-

Thank you Father.

UPDATE:

made the trip in three days. Could have done it in two- but i just didn't want to be on the road for 9 to 11 hours.

my car gets MORE miles to the gallon than we thought. I figured 25, got 27-29 instead. That does make a difference.

The weather from AZ through CA and up the OR coast was beautiful. Didn't hit cooler (under 85) temps until I got to Florence OR. It was 75, sunny and SMELLED SO SWEET AND CLEN.

Waldport was 65, and just starting to cloud and fog up, but mind you itwas 5 pm.

i came hereto look at a manufactured home in a familypark- did that yesterday. It is nice, the new carpeting needs to be stretched to get the "wrinkles" out, the owners left stuff in every room and in 1/4 of the cupboards, drawers. The lot- side yards and back yard are a mess. Trash, weeds and two 30 gal trash cans full of water and trash (health hazard). Because the home owners are still paying rent, it is their responsibility to clean it up, which they are notgoing to do.

The bathroom taps (both bathroom) need replacing- as does the shower fixtures.

The rooms are nice sized- and i didn't see any signs of water leaks on the ceilings, walls or around the windows. The windows are new too. The water is city, the septic is a common septic. There is NO flood addendum, and according to the US Geological Tsunami danger area map the entire park is well out of danger. The 2010 County taxes were $644 a year.

oh, it is a 1992, 2 bdrm, 2 bath, kitch, dining rm, den, living room(which is the entire length of the home (57 ft.)

i need to take pics of the outside, ask more questions, then call husband.

Side note; got a flexible keyboard to use with husbands laptop- takes me twice as long as my regular keyboard and 1/2 as long as the laptop keyboard.

have to go talkto the motel manager and see if i can get a discounted rate for 5 more days added to the two I hve already been here.

Best of luck to you Iggy. I know this is what you have wanted for ages now. I'm really happy that this is starting to become a reality for you.

Iggy, did you feel the last quake (0912)? :D

== PRELIMINARY EARTHQUAKE REPORT ==

***This event supersedes event AT00033353.

Region: OFF COAST OF OREGON

Geographic coordinates: 43.770N, 125.802W

Magnitude: 5.3 Mb

Depth: 10 km

Universal Time (UTC): 28 Jul 2010 16:12:06

Time near the Epicenter: 28 Jul 2010 09:12:06

Local standard time in your area: 28 Jul 2010 16:12:06

Location with respect to nearby cities:

129 km (80 miles) WNW (292 degrees) of Barview, OR

131 km (81 miles) W (275 degrees) of Winchester Bay, OR

133 km (82 miles) W (280 degrees) of Lakeside, OR

218 km (135 miles) W (263 degrees) of Eugene, OR

317 km (197 miles) SW (233 degrees) of Portland, OR

ADDITIONAL EARTHQUAKE PARAMETERS

event ID : US 2010zga6

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist at NEIC For subsequent updates, maps, and technical information, see:

Magnitude 5.3 - OFF THE COAST OF OREGON

UPDATE:

We made an offer on the house - $6,400 less than their asking price.

Figured they would counter with $2,000 less than asking, then we would offer $2,000 more.

Well guess what??

They accepted our offer!!!!

We will pay the down payment and take possession on 31 Aug 2010 - then pay the balance off the first of Feb 2011 - I am finally moving home to the Central Oregon Coast!

I am in Seattle now visiting my family - I'll go to AZ to pack, we can finalize the sale by phone and fax and internet. We can pay by epay- or bank transfer. Epay only takes 4 days to reach the recipient by mail- we can mail it to the Real Estate Agent.

We Got The Home - YES - -YES- - YES:bouncing:

Thanks Pam- when you are on the coast- you have a bed and room with us waiting for you.

I am in Seattle right now with family. Husband and I figured it would be a waste of time, gas and money if I came back to AZ before we took possession of the house. I will stay in Seattle until the middle of the month, then head back to the coast.

I will also call the Branch RS Pres and ask if she can find someone/family that will put me up for no more than a week (until we pay the down payment and take possession of the house) and someone who can loan me a twin bed until I leave for AZ - This way I can get the place fixed, cleaned and ready for us to move into.

Whew - when things are meant to be, time just flies- and every thing falls into place. :lol:

Guest mirancs8

That is so awesome!!! Very excited for you. I'm with you on wanting to get the heck out of AZ. I can't wait till the opportunity comes for me to get out of this state!

Iggy, That is great news! You do have a wonderful guy there too. Nothing like a project to get us out of a slump. :D

Especially when that project takes you our of 100+ degree weather and puts you in 57 - 77 degree weather :lol:

~ ~ singing~ ~ I'm in heaven . .

By the way- once I get settled in Oregon, there will be a bed for any of the LDS.net sisters at any time. For the brothers of LDS.net, you will have to check in when hubby is home before you can come visit & stay with me,on the Oregon coast. :)

Before I forget, I want to thank all of you for your prayers and good wishes. They are helping me in ways that surprise even me. As anxious as I have been to get out of AZ, I am curiously calm with the waiting for the funds to get into my checking account, and finalizing the deal, AND cleaning the place, getting the carpet people there to snug up the carpeting, a plumber to replace the taps in both bathrooms, etc.

Next is the trip back to AZ. Not for a month or so though. Perhaps I will be lucky and miss the monsoons by then. :eek:

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

I got 90% of the repairs done on the house. The ramp to the back door and fixing the kitchen drawers (4 of them) will wait until we move the furniture, the cats and myself to Oregon permanently.

Husband left AZ at 3pm last Saturday and arrived in Waldport around 6 pm on Sunday. He just couldn't take it any more there with out me, and I was really hesitant to do the long drive back to AZ. He brought a small load with him in his Chevy Colorado PU. One of my food storage cupboards- put all the canned goods into 5 large plastic totes. We are bringing the empty totes back - will pack lightweight stuff in them this time, like towels, sheets, boxed/ envelope foods.

I also bought a king sized bed for us- our Queen is not that comfortable- this bed is!! I had been sleeping on an inflatable twin set on a twin platform. I was always afraid that the bed would pop out from under me when I turned over!!

It has been wonderful here in Oregon. Had two days of record highs- Any way, once I get to AZ, I can come online anytime I want to- well, when I take breaks from packing.

The library is closing so I have to end this and sign off.

• 9 months later...

UPDATE:

We left AZ 16 Nov 2010- took 4 days to get to our new home. We took our time really. Stopped around 5 or 6 pm, started out in the morning around 8 or 9.

When we got here, the first thing we unpacked was the two cats in the med size dog carrier, their litter box, and the food we got at Fred Meyer. Oh, and the suitcase that had our traveling clothes.

We were unable to unpack the next day- no men at the branch that were not down with the latest outbreak of cold or who were not disabled. We had to hire two guys to unload for us a few days later.

As you can see it is now 27 June 2011- I only have two partial boxes left to unpack. Finally got all of my books put into new book cases, got the guest room done: bed made up, pictures on the wall, 6 cube unit put together and alarm plugged in and set. All of the tools in buckets are now in the shed.

The living room is set up, the dining room is just about done. Have to find a home for my cloth place mats and their matching napkins and all of my napkin ring holders. The kitchen is 98% done. Still have to put the peg board up to the left of the range top, & hang my most used pans, pots, etc. The handicap ramp is completed and husband fixed the drawers a week after we got here.

The master bedroom is 98% done too. Have to make a trip to the local laundromat to clean my three heavy queen size quilts.

I made bread this last Saturday. 6 smallish loaves that I gave to the neighbors and two large loaves for us. Man, the house smelled so dang good.

I am home- finally. There is still my office to set to rights, but there is no big rush to get it down.

I do want to have the handicap toilets installed by the middle of July, and purchase two or four used chairs. Need one in each bedroom and two more for the dining room. Road trip to Florence OR to the St Vincent dePaul thrift store to purchase the chairs. YEAH! I love thrift stores, especially St Vinnie's- they have good stuff at real reasonable prices.

Even have some of our pictures up. Husband told me today, that the house feels like home. Comfy, familiar. Yeah, it does.

Congrats! We go to Florence every year for a family camping trip. Maybe we'll see you at Church in August.

You would have to drive 40 miles north and attend the Waldport Branch to see me. BUT you are more than welcome to do so. First meeting is Sacrament and it starts at 10 AM.

We love our summer visitors. We used to have a father and son bicycling duo come ever summer. They would come early to the branch, use the restroom and put on their Sunday clothes for the services.