First time ever on on a forum and new to LDS

help77

Hello My name is Sara. This is my first time on a forum. I was wondering if anybody is able to help me out with a few questions I have. I meet a elder last week and he has been to my home a couple of times. I am interested in joining the church however I am concerned that I will not be welcome. I Have tattoos and am aware they are frowned on. Can anybody give me any insight in the matter?

Hello My name is Sara. This is my first time on a forum. I was wondering if anybody is able to help me out with a few questions I have. I meet a elder last week and he has been to my home a couple of times. I am interested in joining the church however I am concerned that I will not be welcome. I Have tattoos and am aware they are frowned on. Can anybody give me any insight in the matter?

Depends where you live and the members of your local congregation.

Yes, tattoos are "frowned upon" and people may (and will) judge you because of it. I think you should do what feels best to you and make your own choices and don't let anybody at Church say anything different because of your tattoos.

Thank you Becky. I guess my question is, will my tattoos keep me from the full experience the LDS has to offer? Is it a rule or stated somewhere that those who have damaged there body are not allowed to be recommended for temple? Thank you for your help.

Thank you all so much for all of your kind words and insight! I am looking forward to learning all I can and becoming a member of LDS. Sat I will be visiting my local LDS ward. Thank you all once again! Any advice on first time use of this forum?

hello and welcome, dont let your tatoos keep u from going to church and learning and joining the church. I personally dont like them but to each There own. there are many people in the church who have tatoos all over their bodies, most got them before they joined or if they went inactive, that doesnt keep u out of the temple. and if people shun u because of it that is their problem not yours. We all have issues and weakness and faults. Best of luck to you.