Protein and Creatine

mormonboy51

No. Next time he (i'm assuming a guy here) is eating a nice chicken sandwich you should rip it from his mouth and stop on it while proclaiming "I will not let you cheat":D

Obviously you're speaking about supplemental protein what's the diff between 50 grams of protein in a shake or eating an extra steak for dinner?

As far as Creatine is concerned it helps you work harder and recover faster. It doesn't make you grow like Dr Jeckles formula.

Would drinking a caffeine so you could stay awake and study longer be cheating on a test?

I have friends who say that taking protein and creatine is cheating in weightlifting. Is it, what do you guys think?

If you are referring to Powerlifting forums (clubs), no protein but yes for Creatine for one specific forum, where they do test when breaking a record. The rest of the clubs do not care. Let you know, Ribose was the replacement for Creatine. Creatine does have some negative affect with people when taken in large dosage.

yeah its a guy. Thats what I told him and he said that protein was fine but that creatine in unnatural amounts was equal to using steroids and against the Word of Wisdom. Is there a chance its against the WOW?

The answer is no for Creatine. This is more or less, between the Savior and you to make the decision with the WoW.

The point with Creatine to reach maximum effect is to take the largest dosage prior to workout and figure out what is your body toleration for this substance then back off. Disregard the claims on the back when they state to take xx grams. We tested this product out when it finally hit the US shores many years ago and know the potential of such.

This also is a cyclic type substance that requires a couple of weeks break.

• 9 months later...

I have friends who say that taking protein and creatine is cheating in weightlifting. Is it, what do you guys think?

My friend, it is a kind of cheating. What actually happened in cheating is that you doesn't get to learn anything, only making notes and cheating it from that, or copying it from some1 else. Same is the case with weightlifting, you are not gaining anything in real from, it is all illusionary, when you will stop taking these, then only the natural you will actually come out.

• 1 month later...

Consuming protein and creatine is not cheating. Your muscles are made of protein and have creatine in them. They are a natural and vital process of producing and sustaining energy in the body and in the organs. Without protein your immune system along with other systems and organs would fail. Creatine occurs naturally in the body to supply energy to the cells, especially muscle cells. The body derives its energy in three forms: protein, carbohydrates (muscle glycogen) and fats. You need all three to function properly. Both protein and creatine are found naturally in meat so next time you're biting into that steak or chicken breast, you're consuming both.

Now if you asked if taking drugs (performance enhancing), then that is something that is up to each individual's ethics and standards. Drugs can be and typically are harmful and detrimental with effects that can be permanent. This is why steroids are illegal and banned by many organizations. Cheating is a relative term, especially in this case where you provided no rules or guidelines for context. And harmful drugs ARE against the Word of Wisdom.

Edited by skalenfehl