Ldscity.com : The City Of Saints

tonyk

I didn't say Lindy was snake. I said it is like one under a chair somewhere.I am just stunned at this response since I do come here and visit and I wouldhave more often but because I am the onbly mod on sitemost dyas it is diddicult. I was here last night to visit. I just heartily resent this "shanghaied" thing. Tonyhas nothing but nice things to say about this site (Talk) and what wonderful people we have over there who visit from here. I simply told people becuase it is a nice place to visit. NOT to full BORE recruit people. JUST AS I WOULD TELL PEOPLE ABOUT TALK.

Lindy is not a snake. The illeration was that I had no idea that she felt this way when I talked to her for about a half hour one night int eh chat HERE. She never said a word to my face(so to speak).

Wehave had a couple of members from here go to City and start a ruckus( I have read the logs) and that is the way is. So, again, nowhere in my previous post did I say Lindy was a snake.

This reminds me of those people who are incapable of having more than one friend.And until this moment I missed coming here. I came to visit when I was able because this is the first place I ever came when I decided to be on the internet, I went to the other site as someplkace to visit and liked it.

Whatever.

Take care.

Sincerely,

Sugarbay

Well I am happy to see that we miss understood what you meant. :D

<div class='quotemain'>

I didn't say Lindy was snake. I said it is like one under a chair somewhere.I am just stunned at this response since I do come here and visit and I wouldhave more often but because I am the onbly mod on sitemost dyas it is diddicult. I was here last night to visit. I just heartily resent this "shanghaied" thing. Tonyhas nothing but nice things to say about this site (Talk) and what wonderful people we have over there who visit from here. I simply told people becuase it is a nice place to visit. NOT to full BORE recruit people. JUST AS I WOULD TELL PEOPLE ABOUT TALK.

Lindy is not a snake. The illeration was that I had no idea that she felt this way when I talked to her for about a half hour one night int eh chat HERE. She never said a word to my face(so to speak).

Wehave had a couple of members from here go to City and start a ruckus( I have read the logs) and that is the way is. So, again, nowhere in my previous post did I say Lindy was a snake.

This reminds me of those people who are incapable of having more than one friend.And until this moment I missed coming here. I came to visit when I was able because this is the first place I ever came when I decided to be on the internet, I went to the other site as someplkace to visit and liked it.

Whatever.

Take care.

Sincerely,

Sugarbay

Well I am happy to see that we miss understood what you meant. :D

Sugar, I am sorry if I misunderstood what you were saying in your post, and I did enjoy our chat the other night... it was fun . If the issue came up at all, I would have told you how I felt about it.... to your face (so to speak), but it didn't come up, and why should I have brought it up? I told Tony K how I felt (to his face so to speak) If people ask me I will tell them.... I don't just bring things up to try to cause contention. ( OFF the board maybe) but that is my life :blink::wow:

You may not have been aware of what was happening in chat, of the things said and done. It was based on those things said and done that I based my decision on.... But that's MY decision.... everyone has free agency.

Please dont' feel like you dnn't belong here... you do just the same as everyone else... and we are happy to have you here.

I'm sorry if my post about ldscity provided fuel to a smoldering fire of contention between members. After reading the post ... I'm saddened to see the hurt feelings that have occurred in its wake. :(

One day in chat ...on about Jan. 30th, a new member (tonyk), ask if it was OK to post about their new site in the forum ...I told them that I didn't know and that it would be best to talk to Heather.

Then I read that john doe is upset about it, then I read Heather's post about don't be so hard on tonyk ...that she welcomed a link trade as she had several other lds site link trades.

Fast forward to late March ...I'm on vacation for a week ...and I think about the other lds link site. No one has tried to get me to switch sites ...I'm just curious about it and I'm surprised to see some members of LDS Talk there.

For me LDS Talk is home ...I've never posted at ldscity either, but I still don't think it is a threat. My feelings at the time I posted about it was that, isn't it cool that more and more lds sites are opening up to members and non-members alike to share their thoughts in a non-confrontational manner. This could be good PR for the LDS community ....to show a wider audience of non-members that the LDS church is not a cult or a non-Christan religion, but that we have several things in common.

Again I'm sorry if it has resulted in a turf war causing hurt feelings ...that was definitely not my intention.

Begood2~ I am sorry that you feel bad.....please don't think you started anything horrible...cause you didn't. My opinion is just that.. my opinion. Just wanted to apologize for making you feel bad.... not my intention at all. Sometimes innocent people get hurt in the midst of ummmmmm .... differences of opinions..... clashes..... life?

You have a heart of gold begood, and I felt so bad that I wanted to say I'm sorry ....again

wowsers, it was never my intention at all to bring any sort of discontent or discomfort for anyone. My whole goal was to have more than one site that could offer services to LDS people. I have come here before and chatted, and I understand that there were some things that were frowned upon.

I completely agree with Heather and internet ediquette (sp?), and hope that no-one will breach those things. Again, I am very sorry if someone is upset or unhappy about this. The fact is that I wanted to help out with the LDS Community, and I'm sure that we can do that TOGETHER.

Anyways, I'm in the Bahamas right now, and not too happy to read about this stuff :(. Sorry and take care.

Since I see my name is being used in vain here, let me state how I see things. The only reason I made any reply to the thread at all in the first place was that it seemed to me that the only posts Tonyk made appeared to be telling us how great his website is and how much we would all enjoy being there, as though there was something wrong with being here. So I called him on this issue. He apologized, made some sappy excuse, and said he loved(?) me. And he would make an attempt to interact here some. Then Heather jumped on me for jumping on him. So I backed off. Two months later, I don't see how Tonyk has done anything to post anything of substance here. Maybe it's just me, but I think my position has been validated somewhat. I wasn't involved in the recruiting they did, but it doesn't surprise me. I did notice he hit the chat boards for a little while, but it didn't last.

I don't mind that people belong to different lds boards; I myself am a member of a number of them. What I do mind is when a board administrator or owner goes to different boards they have no prior affiliation with and SPAM it for the sole purpose of taking their members. It seems dishonest to me. But hey, that's just me. You can take his actions and decide for yourself.

john doe,

You have presented some very sound reasoning for your concerns.

Looking at the record ...I see 13 post for tonyk in 2 months, 10 of which were in LDS web links and a little chat.

These present facts seem to validate your position. I can only hope that tonyk will attempt to interact here more by posting something of substance ...this action would show that his coming here was not for the purpose of spamming.

• 4 weeks later...

wow, we are all a little judgemental aren't we?. Why do you not think I haven't posted here... because I don't feel welcome here.. i come by once in a while to see what is new on these posts, because they are related to me.

wow, we are all a little judgemental aren't we?. Why do you not think I haven't posted here... because I don't feel welcome here.. i come by once in a while to see what is new on these posts, because they are related to me.

Now, now tony...... we all have our own opinons about what we think.... it's what makes the world go 'round you know ;)

Wow, let's all attack Tony, huh? Posts of substance? Do you mean by that, posts that are insulting? Or what YOU deem of substance? Because if that is the case half the posts on this site would be under fire, including most of mine. This is not the way to win friends and influence people. This is getting goofy here. Everything seems to have become a p***ing contest. I quarantee that you could come to LDSCity and be welcomed no matter how ridiculously inane or vitriolic you choose your posts to be. Tony would not attack you because he is a NICE man. He doesn't patronize people as if they were school children either.

sheaks... this isn't some turf gangster rivalry thingy... we are all adults here.. and why are u guys picking on tonyk for??? sheaks... what did he do?? just post something which he had permission for and your trying to stone him... GROW UP!!!!!!!!...

no one should be treated this way.. NO ONE!!!! no matter who they are... and even with permission, people took the sudden annexation to cataclysmic and apocalyptic outrageousness...

:D

Let me get this straight. You come in here, advertise your website hoping to drive traffic to your site, but don't want to spend any time here interacting with the people here. Sounds to me that you are just looking for free advertising. If we're not worth your time, why do you want our members to come to your site?

One more thing. There is a bitterness in you that seems to feed on being as snide as you can be. Who wants to interact with someone who is just plain mean? I don't recall reading anywhere that he didn't think our members are not worth his time. Every member there is worth his time. I feel sorry for you. I can't fathom going through life just being bitter and sniping at good people you have never even intereacted with. I don't recall seeing YOU in the chat HERE very much either, speaking of interacting.

Wow.

I don't want to appear to point fingers, but from the tone of your recent posts, I'd say it looks like someone here found urine on their Cheerios this morning. Or yesterday, and are still upset about it. You must be really bored or lonely to let what I wrote to someone else who likely is capable of defending their own actions upset you like that. Maybe you should try to go out and get some fresh air?

As for your attacks on me, all I can say is that the evidence bears my point out. Tony came here on a fishing trip, caught some members, and left. He never meant to become a contributing member here. He wanted to drive people to his site. Some people don't have a problem with that. I do have a problem with it. It seems dishonest to me. But that's just me. Your personal attacks on me remind me of the later versions of Ari, just before she would go off the deep end.

As for my own activities here, if a moderator has had a problem with my recent lack of participation, they haven't notified me of it. Perhaps they realize that sometimes certain members have busy lives, and sometimes they don't feel like responding to certain topics or they lose interest in them. In fact, I'll issue an invitation to them now. If any moderator or administrator here has a problem with my recent postings or lack thereof, please PM me and point out exactly what you expect me to do to remain a member in good standing. If the demands are reasonable, I promise to either comply or resign my membership here. Will that make you happy, Sugarbay?

John~ I enjoy your postings, your contributions you have made to this board over the last couple of years...

You are always there to help, you have helped me out countless amounts of times with your answers to questions I had. I enjoy the times you pop into chat to visit and to join in the fun.

I appreciate you John Doe... and I'm sure the mods and the admin will agree with me. ;)

My opinion........I think we all need to eat some ice cream and chill out......if you don't have any ice cream perhaps look in the Mirror before attacking........... :D

This is also a true story. So anyways, I'm not really upset at anyone, and I think that we can all play nice. As for attacking me, if this is what must be done, then I guess it must be done.

As far as my posting, I don't really post anywhere too much, including my site :P... I try to put in when I can, but as we all know, people are very busy. I am sure that Heather can attest that it takes a lot of work to work on a site, and to keep up to date with patches, new features, etc.

I am going to try and participate more on BOTH sites, but again, I don't have all that much time to go through all the forums and reply. On most cases on my site, I just check the posts to ensure that they are standing up to the LDS standards.

The tone and the personal attacks in this thread are to stop or the thread will be deleted and those who continue to make personal attacks on individuals on this site will be warned.

While all are free to express a personal opinion that does not include attacks on individuals.

I hope I have made myself clear.

Ben