Ldscity.com : The City Of Saints

tonyk

Again, I jope that I am allowed to post this here... I didn't see anything saying that I couldn't. If this is in violation, please let me know and I will know for sure not to do so in the future.

This site is to offer free services to LDS and LDS friends. I have free Photo Albums, Forums, Online Journals, and even free webmail. There are games linked, and much more. Essentially trying to build a community website.

www.ldsCity.com

Let me get this straight. You come in here, advertise your website hoping to drive traffic to your site, but don't want to spend any time here interacting with the people here. Sounds to me that you are just looking for free advertising. If we're not worth your time, why do you want our members to come to your site?

Let me get this straight. You come in here, advertise your website hoping to drive traffic to your site, but don't want to spend any time here interacting with the people here. Sounds to me that you are just looking for free advertising. If we're not worth your time, why do you want our members to come to your site?

Wow, it's not like that. I posted that message late last night. Give me a chance here :P. Anyways, umm.. I love you?

If I came across that way, I apologize... Lol I am speachless on what to say.

<div class='quotemain'>

Wow, it's not like that. I posted that message late last night. Give me a chance here :P. Anyways, umm.. I love you?

Don't pay attention to John. He's just cranky cause he's not getting a Tax Refund this year. B)

Then why not try hanging out with us here for a while before pushing your wares on us? Just coming in here asking people to come to your site without letting us get to know you first seems kind of pretentious to me, like maybe you are trolling for visitors to your site without really letting us get to know who or what you are.

Hey I don't have a problem with it, if you recipricate the link. I use to have a section for people to post links, but I haven't been able to get it working in this version of ipb.

Done and done. The site is now linked on my site in the Web Links. Thanks ;).

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

What a nice LDS response. :glare:

Tonyk, I will come check it out. Perhaps there is a feeling of good willthere that seems to be lacking here any more.

Maybe you've got a point. Seems to me that the troublemakers here are currently getting a free pass with their antics. Maybe another board will figure out how to deal with these people.

On second thought............. no, I won't let these troublemakers dictate whether I stay or go. I left one board partly because of the antics of Sandy/Sans/Peace/Please/Syble(BTW, that is such a fitting name, using the name of a movie from the 70's about the woman who had all those personalities) and her cronies, and I won't do it again. If they want me to leave for good, they will have to ban me. Maybe an extended break from posting is what I need instead.

Maybe you've got a point. Seems to me that the troublemakers here are currently getting a free pass with their antics. Maybe another board will figure out how to deal with these people.

On second thought............. no, I won't let these troublemakers dictate whether I stay or go. I left one board partly because of the antics of Sandy/Sans/Peace/Please/Syble(BTW, that is such a fitting name, using the name of a movie from the 70's about the woman who had all those personalities) and her cronies, and I won't do it again. If they want me to leave for good, they will have to ban me. Maybe an extended break from posting is what I need instead.

There will be all types of people on all different types of boards.. I didn't mean to offend anyone, so I hope that he is ok now ;).

At any rate, I have added some more functionality, and people can now easily share photo albums with a simple url (http://photos.ldsCity.com/username/). Ya, currently only 37 members, but I hope that it will continue to grow ;). With the help of awesome people like you, I'm sure that people will start using the free services.

If anyone would like to help, please let me know, because once it starts to get more busy, I will need moderators to help run the site ;).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tony is a great guy. He needs support for his new site. I hope everyone can. WE have two sites to visit now!

:wow:

I checked this site out a few days ago and noticed that they have over 100 members now. Sugarbay is there as wolfqueen, funky as funkyrebel, to_tall, Jason, SM and Setheus were some that I recognized.

I think that Heather is right...this site is not a threat to LDS Talk, but rather a compliment to it.

-

Ok I have to add my two cents.... most likely will get me into trouble but that's my life...welcome to it.

I was a bit confused at first until I noticed the dates (thanks to a friend who helped point that out when I said how confused I was about something)....

Heather....correct me if I'm wrong..... but I think that you had given your blessing before the recruiting to take members from ldstalk to ldscity started full bore. THAT is the main reason I won't post over there.... it made me mad that others were shanghied (as it might be said) to spend time over on the other site. It was just wrong to me..... and I don't support and won't support it what I thought was underhanded.

I'm sorry if it offends anyone... not my intention to offend..... it is just how I feel

I pop over and read posts here and there.... I won't say I haven't

But I haven't and won't post .... I do stand for what I believe in.

I have been on this site for years...... not saying I haven't been to other sites as well.. so no one can try to discredit my sincerity.... but this is home.

Heather has put a lot of time and effort and love into making things better for us here, and if nothing else I am loyal to those I support. Come hell or high water, joy or pain.... I am there for them.

Shanhaighed? Nobody held a gun to anyone's head to go visit there. No one held one to your head to go visit there, and it hasn't stopped anyone from being here either. Wow, that's a lot a venom, Lindy. It has nothing to do with loyalty at all. It has everything to do with just another place to visit, where people are welcomed and not put down because they sign up here too. Plenty of member from there are members here now too. The door swings both ways. I am really surprized at you with this FULL BORE shanghaighed thing. Very surprized. Do you mean to say that anyone who visits another site on the vast internet is a traitor? There are a lot of sites, even LDSchat sites, that plenty of the members here frequent, not just LDSTalk and LDSCity. Are those who chat in Yahoo or MSN to receive this same condemnation? I am completely amazed at this outburst, as it ridiculous to think that anyone could hijack, kidnap, or otherwise shanghai willing people to go anywhere. And remember, the people from here who visit over there still come here. Apparently not with much welcome.

If nothing else, I will enjoy being a pariah here. It gives me a very clear idea who was a purtported friend, now the rattlesnake under the chair. Never know when it is going to strike. Sad. Sorry you feel that way. If you would like your name taken off of the list over there, please contact one of the mods or the administrator and it will be done.

If I may....Who has not felt welcomed here? :dontknow:

Shanhaighed? Nobody held a gun to anyone's head to go visit there. No one held one to your head to go visit there, and it hasn't stopped anyone from being here either. Wow, that's a lot a venom, Lindy. It has nothing to do with loyalty at all. It has everything to do with just another place to visit, where people are welcomed and not put down because they sign up here too. Plenty of member from there are members here now too. The door swings both ways. I am really surprized at you with this FULL BORE shanghaighed thing. Very surprized. Do you mean to say that anyone who visits another site on the vast internet is a traitor? There are a lot of sites, even LDSchat sites, that plenty of the members here frequent, not just LDSTalk and LDSCity. Are those who chat in Yahoo or MSN to receive this same condemnation? I am completely amazed at this outburst, as it ridiculous to think that anyone could hijack, kidnap, or otherwise shanghai willing people to go anywhere. And remember, the people from here who visit over there still come here. Apparently not with much welcome.

If nothing else, I will enjoy being a pariah here. It gives me a very clear idea who was a purtported friend, now the rattlesnake under the chair. Never know when it is going to strike. Sad. Sorry you feel that way. If you would like your name taken off of the list over there, please contact one of the mods or the administrator and it will be done.

Wait, who is a Rattlesnake? :o

I never had a problem with this first post of letting others know about a new site. However, I draw the line when poor internet etiquette is shown. I'm sure what Lindy is taking about is multiple personalities in the chat room saying how ldscity was a better, everyone was over there, and to leave this site. As far as I remember, Sugarbay merely told others about the site, but there were some other members from ldscity who were purely recruiting. After I talked to Sugarbay about it, and sent her a list of proper chat room etiquette, I haven't received any more complaints from the chatters on this site. I actually have only been over there a few times to see how popular the chat room was, after reading all of the recruiting statements. I always just saw one person and a bot.

I'm sorry if you feel I"m a snake because of how I feel Sugar, and it's hard to read my mind and tell me what I am thinking. I just feel how I feel, we lost a lot of posters and chatters here for awhile, and that helped add fuel to the flame. And to me it had everything to do with loyalty. Please don't tell me it didn't.

I can't do something I feel wrong about, I do enjoy reading your posts here, please don't think I don't.... I haven't tried to make anyone feel unwelcome.... and if I have I truely am sorry. :(

I tell things the way I see it... if others think I'm wrong.. I'm ready to listen why. I have been wrong before ... and I'll probably be wrong again. I'm not superwoman and I do screw up, but somethings I just take to heart and take a stand on. This just happens to be one of them. If I see wrong I say something, I don't hide under a chair waiting for a chance to strike.... that's not how I operate. But I try to protect those I care about..... that may be my downfall

any how, I'm sorry you see me as a snake..... not my intention at all.... I was just trying to be honest with how I feel.

Oh, and the games are great over there..... I think that is the only place my name would be at ..... I went to check out the games a long time ago..... cause I'm still a little kid at heart ;).