Does anyone have any advice on how to stay faithful?

jonathan909817

I feel like im starting to lose faith. I'm seeing people go out and have fun partying, etc. I feel like im missing out. I know God's will is more important than having a little fun, but in todays society that kind of garbage is being shoved down my throat more and more! Obviously i love having such strong morals and faith in these times when it is getting harder, but i fell as is it is slipping gradually. How could i keep the faith other than studying scriptures, because i already do that:confused:

You have to realize this life is a test! The test happens in everyday situations. Also having Faith in God, means you have to have Faith in Satan. You have to admin that Satan is real, just as we have to admin God is real! One wants the best of us and to be happy, the other wants us to be miserable.

Now its a matter of not just reading the scriptures, but "likening" them to ourselfs. What ever chapter your read, take some small things out of that chapter and apply it in your life.

Last is having a Testimaony of Joseph Smith, and the truthfulness of the Church! What is your foundation of Gospel build on (a Rock or Sand)? Everybody on this earth has the winds come to try to blow us off our foundation. But are we allowing our foundation to weaken?

I'm not sure if you are taking semenary or not, but you can always read/buy the instatute manuals. Institute of Religion Courses

You can also find different ways of studying the gospel. I do suggest keep reading the book of mormon, but also you can study by topic (Faith, Hope, Charity, Reptentance, Temptation, Atonement). Then go through each toptic (almost if you had to give a talk on the subject) what would you say?

Also you can read the Ensgin, or New Era which has articles for your age group. (and its online). It adds in something different then just reading the scriptures. (Considering the Ensign is modern day scripture).

Also there are plenty of LDS books that you can read. Some are deeper then others, and probably should only be attempted if you like Doctrinal books.

The war of good vs evil is still going on. The best way for Satan to Win, is to make us forget he is real.

Start hanging out with people who have fun going out as families and doing family things.

I wasn't a member of the Church until I was almost 27 years old and I had fun going out and partying BUT I have a lot more joy by getting together with friends on a Friday night for a pot luck dinner or meeting a bunch of friends and their little ones at the local park for a game of ultimate frisbee that includes the little ones.

The difference is that the partying was a selfish pleasure that didn't satisfy while the fun I have with my family is so satisfying that I sometimes feel on the verge of tears from the welling up of happiness I have when I stop to watch them be together.

How could i keep the faith other than studying scriptures, because i already do that:confused:

Service, service AND service!!!!!

Besides the Church callings, I am referring to volunteer work...helping a desperate family in need, volunteer in the local homeless shelter, etc.

I feel like im starting to lose faith. I'm seeing people go out and have fun partying, etc. I feel like im missing out. I know God's will is more important than having a little fun, but in todays society that kind of garbage is being shoved down my throat more and more! Obviously i love having such strong morals and faith in these times when it is getting harder, but i fell as is it is slipping gradually. How could i keep the faith other than studying scriptures, because i already do that:confused:

Defining fun and what is reality fun are not the same. To remain faithful, it starts with the desire to do so. What is our core desire, remains a state of hope to receive such. Remember, there is no "lukewarm" person will enter into the kingdom of the FATHER. ;)

Defining fun and what is reality fun are not the same. To remain faithful, it starts with the desire to do so. What is our core desire, remains a state of hope to receive such. Remember, there is no "lukewarm" person will enter into the kingdom of the FATHER. ;)

YES. Massive thumbs up to Hemi.

Also, who says you can't go have fun partying? Drinking and sex aren't mutually inclusive with parties. Find people who have the same standards you do and party away!

i used to be exactly like you... my high school years i thought the same everyone is out having fun im not there cause i have church.. but as i found out later in life my friends thanked me for not going out they said i was the reason why they came back to church.. or the nonmembers would tell me how glad they are that were friends because they honestly know they can trust me and most of them has even looked into the church and realized something different about me.. it is hard but in reality its not fun you feel cheap aftetrwards and of no worth...read your scriptures as much as you possibly can and pray to your heavenly father for the strength you need to over come your trials.. he will never give you a trial you cant handle.. you sound like a good guy dont let the world bring you down even for a second.. youll be much happier in life trust me..

It sounds like temptation, plain and simple. We are told we will all be tempted. Maybe it has caught you off gaurd. Maybe you haven't felt truly tempted before. In any case, now is the time to put your money where your mouth is, so to speak. How are you going to handle this temptation? Do you have a wife and children? You don't have to answer, but this is a good time to decide how you are going to handle temptation, if you are going to give in or be honest and see where it is coming from and run the other way. Don't think you can get too close to Satan. Never underestimate his power. It is better to learn who you are and what you want to be, that is what the question really is.

Nothing wrong in partying and having a litle fun! Wrong is having sex before marriage... and believe me it is not fun afterwards! Wrong is to drink or use drugs to "get going" or to "get high"... and that is not usually fun after either ; Hedace, vomiting, baby on the way, smashed furniture, smashed friens or frienship... very fun indeed.

It may look fun it may seem fun but in fact it is only a big fake picture. Everyone is faking... they dare to fake as they are using stuff to be able to "loosen it"!

Get some good friends together and do all kinds of crazy things WITHOUT drugs or alcohol.. you can do it. You can throw a really good party without any of the stuff we are not supposed to do or have... invite only those that you know will keep the rule!

Or is it that YOU WANT to do the things we are not supposed to do. THINK TWICE!