Child has neither a need nor a right to a Mother

pam

Same-sex Marriage Judge Finds That a Child Has Neither a Need Nor a Right to a Mother | NewsBusters.org

So if a child doesn't have a need nor a right to a mother or a father...ummmm what else is there?

Sad, but really quite true. Our society today has shown children do not "need" both parents, and don't have a right to them or else single parent families and adoptions would become an issue. There are times that it's unhealthy to have both parents present and some single parents do an amazing, though tough job raising kids. There are kids being raised by neither parent because the parents are unfit. Also the large number given up for adoption.

The judge also was right really in saying you can't tie children to the marriage debate. Children have nothing to do with a marriage contract. Yes they can come into play, but that fact can't be used to block marriage as a number of people wouldn't be getting married because of the possible harm they would cause their kids.

Also to be clear he was more referring to kids don't need a mother figure vs a biological mother. Is it ideal yes, but not a "need" as many kids grow up without them and turn out relativly balanced, being we all have issues it's hard to really be sure who is more balanced.

For what purpose would you want to be married if you didn't have any children? The glory of GOD is HIS creation (children and other creation beings). A glory of a parent is to have children and raise them as righteous children to the world. Now, I wonder when GOD will turned off the spirits to come forth into this life and just wait for the return of the Lord to continue this cycle of spirits in cohabiting mortal bodies?

Now, I can only give deep gratitude to our Heavenly FATHER and MOTHER, to include my mortal parents; they decided to have us in both spirit and mortal fresh. For his sake, maybe, his parents choose in not having him as a child and GOD never created his spirit body. Now, where would he be? No where…but stuck as a basic intelligence forever. Family is family…it cannot and will not be altered. They tried it in the past and only led to a greater problem and eventually remove…shall it be done again. Sad part, in a eternal marriage and both are seeking for the highest kingdom, they will have true joy and true love for each other and their progeny. This cannot be "FAKE" in this world.

No! The judge was a wrong and made a poor judgment and this will go down as another nuisance for our future progeny to correct.

Side lining this topic: talking about bias opinions; even if I was a federal judge (belonging to the LDS faith) and this case came to me, I would turned it down and give it to someone who has no bias opinions against this prop. Sitting in the case, shows something about his character and what would be his true motives in not turning it down and passing it to another judge.

Familes O and Zombies, Wolves, and Robots 1 = another Child of God that does not know where he comes from and will have to find themselves

They find themselves without the support of a family. I lived in a family where my mother had to support 5 children. She had 2 jobs working 12 to 14 hours. We had each other and knew it. That was more then a few years ago. Now days, even the remaining parent seems to disolve into trying to find themselves. Sad, the break down of the family is now the norm and that support group is a world in trouble trying to find those bonds of love and support that was once called "Family".

Bystor - not yet...but wait until there is no spirit in the world (soon to be removed) and only reserve for those who are righteous before GOD. Then, you begin to see something that make you cringe. Learning how the “Cities of Plain” fell from grace and the Spirit withdrawn would be a good case study.

Edited by Hemidakota

this isn't news. society decided a long time ago that a child does not have a right or need of a father. if that's true then so is the opposite. a child does not have a need or right to a mother. how horrible is it really if we demand equality for a standard we already set?

society has dismissed father's rights for many yrs. it's still a major fight for a father to get custody and/or equal treatment with his kids during a divorce. father's don't get a say if a woman gets pregnant and aborts the baby or places it for adoption. there are no laws that require the woman to notify a man if she is pregnant. she can hide it from the man and raise the baby all alone and the father never know the kid exists. a woman isn't required to put a father on the birth certificate. when the man finds out he has no legal right to say "you stole my kid from me". no one sees that as kidnapping. but if a father showed up at the hospital, took his kid, moved away from the mother and tried to raise it alone it would be kidnapping. everyone would be irate. where is the upset for a woman who does this? women kidnap children from the father all the time and it's rallied as a good thing in the name of "a woman's right to choose" or she is put on a pedestal as a single mom. if we want it equal it has to be equal. we can't say a baby needs a mother but not a father. they need both or they do not. if they don't need both then two ppl should be more capable of raising a well adjusted child than one person. it's not a big leap to say gender shouldn't be an issue in that argument. society made this bed now they have to lay in it.

the fact is our church says a child needs a father and a mother. but where is the outrage for the father's that get tossed every day? the family needs protecting in a lot of ways, a lot of battles in the legal system need to be fought. gays are a very small slice of that pie. before all the prop 8 stuff i had experiences that left me very disappointed in the church's lack of firm position on father's rights. they talk about it in the meetings in a round about way but never have they gotten involved in the legal system to change things.

the last few days have left me with a lot to think about. i hope with every fiber of my being that all these ploys for the "defense of the family" in the legal system don't begin and end with worry over gay marriage. i hope they will move forward and fight for all aspects that are hurting families. father's rights. proper counseling before couples marry. actions to protect subsequent marriages after divorce. the entire system needs an overhaul if the family is to be defended. there is a lot we have messed up when it comes to families, we can't even pretend to blame it on gays, we did it all on our own. are we going to fix it because it's important or are we going to prove our "opponents" right? is this a fight for families or is it a fight about prejudice and discrimination? i thought it was about families. i'm starting to wonder how naive i may have been.

i personally believe a child needs a father and a mother. but i would rather see a child with 2 mom's or 2 dad's that are trying to raise them well adjusted and healthy than a single mom that has a chip on her shoulder about men. i've seen what those chips do to a child. a child being raised with a healthy relationship in their life is better than no relationship.

and before anyone says it i know not all single mom's have a chip on their shoulder about men. but i've not met one yet that didn't at least have a chip for one man, usually the child's father. and yes that hurts the family as god defined it.

this isn't news. society decided a long time ago that a child does not have a right or need of a father. if that's true then so is the opposite. a child does not have a need or right to a mother. how horrible is it really if we demand equality for a standard we already set?

society has dismissed father's rights for many yrs. it's still a major fight for a father to get custody and/or equal treatment with his kids during a divorce. father's don't get a say if a woman gets pregnant and aborts the baby or places it for adoption. there are no laws that require the woman to notify a man if she is pregnant. she can hide it from the man and raise the baby all alone and the father never know the kid exists. a woman isn't required to put a father on the birth certificate. when the man finds out he has no legal right to say "you stole my kid from me". no one sees that as kidnapping. but if a father showed up at the hospital, took his kid, moved away from the mother and tried to raise it alone it would be kidnapping. everyone would be irate. where is the upset for a woman who does this? women kidnap children from the father all the time and it's rallied as a good thing in the name of "a woman's right to choose" or she is put on a pedestal as a single mom. if we want it equal it has to be equal. we can't say a baby needs a mother but not a father. they need both or they do not. if they don't need both then two ppl should be more capable of raising a well adjusted child than one person. it's not a big leap to say gender shouldn't be an issue in that argument. society made this bed now they have to lay in it.

the fact is our church says a child needs a father and a mother. but where is the outrage for the father's that get tossed every day? the family needs protecting in a lot of ways, a lot of battles in the legal system need to be fought. gays are a very small slice of that pie. before all the prop 8 stuff i had experiences that left me very disappointed in the church's lack of firm position on father's rights. they talk about it in the meetings in a round about way but never have they gotten involved in the legal system to change things.

the last few days have left me with a lot to think about. i hope with every fiber of my being that all these ploys for the "defense of the family" in the legal system don't begin and end with worry over gay marriage. i hope they will move forward and fight for all aspects that are hurting families. father's rights. proper counseling before couples marry. actions to protect subsequent marriages after divorce. the entire system needs an overhaul if the family is to be defended. there is a lot we have messed up when it comes to families, we can't even pretend to blame it on gays, we did it all on our own. are we going to fix it because it's important or are we going to prove our "opponents" right? is this a fight for families or is it a fight about prejudice and discrimination? i thought it was about families. i'm starting to wonder how naive i may have been.

i personally believe a child needs a father and a mother. but i would rather see a child with 2 mom's or 2 dad's that are trying to raise them well adjusted and healthy than a single mom that has a chip on her shoulder about men. i've seen what those chips do to a child. a child being raised with a healthy relationship in their life is better than no relationship.

and before anyone says it i know not all single mom's have a chip on their shoulder about men. but i've not met one yet that didn't at least have a chip for one man, usually the child's father. and yes that hurts the family as god defined it.

Here's something that supports Gwen's point:

http://www.census.gov/prod/3/97pubs/cb-9701.pdf

Children living with their fathers fare better, or so the census says.

And here are the statistics of children growing up in a fatherless home:

DadsWorld.com :: Statistics :: Parenting, Importance of Fathers, Marriage, Education, Family Structure

But, because it is predominant that children are raised by the mothers instead of the fathers, I am willing to stretch this statistic to conclude that it will also apply to children raised by fathers without their mothers.

It was the battle cry back in the 70's and 80's that single parenting is fine. Look what it got you. This is the battle cry today, that children raised in gay households are going to be fine. I guess we will see in 30 years... when it will be too late to change things.

For all the corruption and poverty happening in the Philippines, I have to say they got families right. Divorce is illegal, legal separation is allowed but it doesn't remove your marital status, therefore, you can legally separate from your spouse but can be charged with adultery (punishable offense) if you live with another person. There's no such thing as spousal support or child support. If you legally separate and you take custody of the children, you better be ready to take care of them. If none of you will take responsibility for the children, then they become wards of the state.

Edited by anatess

Bystor - not yet...but wait until there is no spirit in the world (soon to be removed)

:eek:

I wonder when someone starts to advocate the idea that men have to have the right to carry and give birth to kids... and women do not need to worry for getting pregnant .... after all that is full equality!!!

:rolleyes:

:eek:

I wonder when someone starts to advocate the idea that men have to have the right to carry and give birth to kids... and women do not need to worry for getting pregnant .... after all that is full equality!!!

:rolleyes:

There have been men who have carried children, but they're had to have surgery and major hormone supplementation to make it happen. I believe it's only been 2 or 3. One of them, if I recall, was actually born female, had a partial transgender surgery, but chose to retain a uterus, then carried a child as a man. With a uterus.

There have been men who have carried children, but they're had to have surgery and major hormone supplementation to make it happen. I believe it's only been 2 or 3. One of them, if I recall, was actually born female, had a partial transgender surgery, but chose to retain a uterus, then carried a child as a man. With a uterus.

Do you have the complete story or link? Thanks...

Pam, only if you knew why I had asked. :P

I am trying to bring closure to a prayer of many years now in what I believe is PROGRESSION of Spirits and mortal man.

[Tears in my eyes - trying to tell you how I feel being in cyber space at this moment with feeling the presence of my friend the Holy Ghost] This information has made my week in asking for a confirmation from GOD on what I already formulated a few years back.

IF I could give you both hugs [Pam and Wingnut] through the monitor, you have them.