The reason I joined LDS.net to ask this

InfiniteEternity

I was wondering...

in my parent's opinion (they are mormon's) if I end up going to the terestial kingdom or something because of how i am and they end up in the celestial kingdom cause of how they are will they never be able to see me again? I've been wondering this because if that were true in their opinion then that would mean i would be worthless in their eyes until i become mormon which will never happen rendering them sad and praying for me for the rest of their days and me sad and wishing they could see the truth for the rest of mine.

I was wondering...

in my parent's opinion (they are mormon's) if I end up going to the terestial kingdom or something because of how i am and they end up in the celestial kingdom cause of how they are will they never be able to see me again?

You were Mormon. What do you think the answer is.

I've been wondering this because if that were true in their opinion then that would mean i would be worthless in their eyes until i become mormon which will never happen rendering them sad and praying for me for the rest of their days and me sad and wishing they could see the truth for the rest of mine.

What truth? I'm sure you're not going to say 'The truth that Mormonism is a fraud' because... Y'know... This is a Mormon board.

You'd have to have a puerile brain to think that you were going to get any support on that belief. Since I don't think you have a deficient brain and I don't think you're a petty juvenile troll trying to get attention, please answer my question:

What truth are you wishing they'd see?

Well I'm not trying to troll or anything if I was I'd be using a VPN or atleast some proxies ;). I'm trying to explain my point of view. The truth being that things are alot better than even they understand - meaning yes mormonism is false (but not a fraud that sounds bad and can something be bad if it was created with the best intentions) in my point of view. I'm not trying to get any support I'm just trying to explain my stance and get an answer to my question. I'm trying to understand how they are feeling about me not being part of the church and how much I can expose myself to them without hurting them.

also I can't answer the question for myself because I have somehow forgotten :(( I can't remember if ppl from the celestial kingdom can visit ppl from the telestial kingdom or whatever.

Well I'm not trying to troll or anything if I was I'd be using a VPN or atleast some proxies ;). I'm trying to explain my point of view. The truth being that things are alot better than even they understand - meaning yes mormonism is false

You certainly don't have to be a troll to come on here blabbing off about how mormonism is false and looking for support. You could be drug-addled and incapable of recognizing where you are.

This is an LDS website. You aren't getting any support for the 'Mormonism is false' view here. Yes, you have the freedom to believe anything you want. Everyone has the right to be completely wrong, and you are in this, but to come on to an LDS website looking for support for such a view is painfully obtuse.

Well I'm not trying to troll or anything if I was I'd be using a VPN or atleast some proxies ;). I'm trying to explain my point of view. The truth being that things are alot better than even they understand - meaning yes mormonism is false (but not a fraud that sounds bad and can something be bad if it was created with the best intentions) in my point of view. I'm not trying to get any support I'm just trying to explain my stance and get an answer to my question. I'm trying to understand how they are feeling about me not being part of the church and how much I can expose myself to them without hurting them.

also I can't answer the question for myself because I have somehow forgotten :(( I can't remember if ppl from the celestial kingdom can visit ppl from the telestial kingdom or whatever.

Hello InfiniteEternity. Your parents, of course, want you in the Celestial Kingdom. If you don't want to be there, then, you go to the place you want to go. They can visit you, sure. But, that's not what they want. So, it doesn't matter how you go about it, they will be disappointed in you.

But, since you don't believe in all that stuff, then you don't have to care.

I have found among my friends who leave the church that somehow they tend to forget things they knew when they were members. I don't know why or how this comes about but somehow they seem to forget. It doesn't surprise me that you have forgotten.

There is a belief in the church that people who are in the Celestial kingdom will be able to visit those in other kingdoms. But because we are not at that point yet no one really knows for certain. What would probably sadden them the most is that they love you I am sure, and if you end up somewhere else then you will not actually be part of their family anymore in the afterlife. You would not be able to share the same joy that they will have at that time. I don't think they would see you as worthless, just that you would not get everything they want to you have. I think parents always want the best for their kids (most of them do anyway) and the thought that their child might not have that would probably make most parents sad.

Your choices though are your choices. And I am sure that they will love you no matter what choices you choose to make.

Hey InfiniteEternity,

Sorry for the harsh reception you're getting here. As you already know, some of us have a hard time letting go.

will they never be able to see me again?

i would be worthless in their eyes until i become mormon which will never happen

I'll let you in on a little secret - you don't make it to the celestial kingdom if you believe a son or daughter is "worthless". You might have more company there in terestrialland than you'd expect.

You wouldn't be the first person bound and determined to hit the telestial kingdom because they perceive hypocracy, sin, unrighteous judgements, or harmful guilt trips from the supposedly good folks. Let me just encourage you to not fall into the same game. Love them for who they are. Leave the final judgement to God. Understand that it's very possible that your parents say the things they do because they love you, and want to keep a relationship with you forever. If they can't handle true things about you, that's their burden, not yours. Love them anyway.

LM

Edited by Loudmouth_Mormon

Hello InfiniteEternity. Your parents, of course, want you in the Celestial Kingdom. If you don't want to be there, then, you go to the place you want to go. They can visit you, sure. But, that's not what they want. So, it doesn't matter how you go about it, they will be disappointed in you.

Only where the Savior can go...;)

So non-LDS-believers are heartless jerks, Anatess? It sounds like the guy is trying to mend a relationship with his parents, being true to his own beliefs while being sensitive to the beliefs of his parents.

Loudmouth gave you some good advice, Infinte. :)

You certainly don't have to be a troll to come on here blabbing off about how mormonism is false and looking for support. You could be drug-addled and incapable of recognizing where you are.

This is an LDS website. You aren't getting any support for the 'Mormonism is false' view here. Yes, you have the freedom to believe anything you want. Everyone has the right to be completely wrong, and you are in this, but to come on to an LDS website looking for support for such a view is painfully obtuse.

"blabbing off about how mormonism is false and looking for support"

that's not what i was doing buddy.

Notice how whenever I speak i give the idea that "this is my opinion" not "this is the way it is" like your doing. I have one question of you... if mormonism was false would you want to know or would you rather continue living the way you were. I know your all hardcore one opinionated so you'll never believe anything else no matter what evidence I just want to know in a "what-if" sort of sense... if that's even possible for you.

everyone is free to their own opinion and you've been making alot of very complicated judgements on a petite ammount of data which leaves me to my own, more simple and evaluated assumption of what kind of person u are.

I have a 29yo son who at one point asked me how to remove his name from the rolls of the church (he didn't want his ward to call). He was active while growing up. He became inactive in 11th grade. Reactivated because of a girl and went on a mission ...came home 6 nonths later. Now he considers himself agnostic.

I love my son. He knows I love him. I tell him all the time. I call him just to tell him "I love you." Other than the occassional moment I bear my testimony we talk about computers, work, life, etc. I also sometimes express concern about his drinking (he's an alcoholic who won't admit it yet... not just my assessment.) I'm sure he "thinks" we feel he'll end up in the terrestial kingdom but I don't think that. I don't know. I know that my job is to love him, set the right example, pray for him continually.

Your parents might not feel the way you think they do. Talk to them. Love them.

D&C 76 teaches that those in the higher realms can go down to minister to those in the lower realms. So, yes, you would be able to see them. However, the relationship would be very different than what it could be like.

Imagine parents who have two children. One is healthy and mentally active, grows at a decent rate in all good things.

The other, while being as capable as the first, chooses to spend his entire life playing video games, and only leaves his cave to use the bathroom or eat.

The first marries and has children of his own, while the first continues playing video games.

We can see that while the parents can spend time with both children, the relationships are very different. One relationship progresses, with the parents becoming grandparents, and the child becoming a productive and growing adult, who now understands many things his parents learned long ago.

Meanwhile, the relationship with the second child is stagnant. Even if the child has grown some, he is no where growing intellectually or spiritually as his parents or brother are. He cannot understand deep discussion, because he hasn't attended college, researched information, or raised children of his own. He has little or no social skills, and his physical health has declined from years of little exercise and poor diet.

So it is when we compare someone from the Terrestrial with the Celestial realms. They can visit, but because the Terrestrial person has not been valiant in growing spiritually and in other areas, he cannot comprehend many of the new experiences the Celestial family members are going through. There is a divide due to comprehension.

The other area where there is an issue is in love. The Celestial beings can experience and give perfect Christ-like love. The Terrestrial person can express love, but it is not as perfect nor as spiritually intimate. So, while the Celestial would love to share their fullness of love, light, and understanding with the Terrestrial family member, they cannot. He is unable to receive it all, but can only receive a smaller/lesser level or portion.

my mom is bipolar and rather crazy she's been a pretty bad parent and my dad is physically abusive but a bit better of a parent than my mom, I know my mom loves me but my dad loves god and therefore is required to love me.

Heh. Believe it or not, I half-understand where you're coming from. My mother also had all sorts of mental issues. Not bipolar, more like severe unending depression. But definately enough to keep her from being much of a parent.

My advice for her stands: Love her.

I've never experienced abuse, but I know people who have. Again, not everyone who prays and looks mormon is right in the eyes of God. If he truly loved God, he wouldn't be physically abusive. Not a single general conference goes by without us hearing about how the church and the Lord have zero tolerance for those who abuse spouse or offspring.

But again, (and I mean what I say here): love him too.

It's important to know what love is, and what it isn't. Love does not mean being a doormat, or enabling abusers. Nobody has to endure abuse because of love. Love means you shed your desires for vengence, your hatred, any innapropriate guilt he's given you - and you truly wish he would be healthy and good enough to be worthy of the celestial kingdom he's so big on. You can't game God. There are no loopholes. Abusers who wear suits on Sunday have a big problem to address.

And to the extent that you make it his problem and not yours, you'll be ahead of the game.

LM

oh man your parents arent required to love you its unconditionall just like the way god loves you.. they dont have to try to love you its just there... and your parents arent greiving that your not in the church they just want whats best for you and since the church has made them so happy throught the years they want that for you too.. and since you are here asking these questions about the terestrial and celestrial kingdoms lets everyone here that you dont completly think this church is false.. i know it 100 percent true in all aspets.. and im only 18.. but to answer your question.. yes if your parents are in a higher kingdom than you they can visit you but they are going to be really busy doing there own work up there rendering there own kingdom..

So non-LDS-believers are heartless jerks, Anatess? It sounds like the guy is trying to mend a relationship with his parents, being true to his own beliefs while being sensitive to the beliefs of his parents.

Loudmouth gave you some good advice, Infinte. :)

I'm sorry if this didn't come out right. What I meant to say is, since he does not believe in LDS doctrine, he doesn't have to care about the levels of glory. All Christian churches teach there is only one heaven. Others don't believe in heaven at all. So, since he doesn't believe in that stuff, then he doesn't have to care where his parents end up because in non-LDS belief systems they all end up in the same place.

I re-read my post and I don't see how you can conclude that I think non-LDS-believers are heartless jerks. It's kinda funny when I'm the only LDS member in my family...