Any advice for new seminary instructor?

semodex

They'll give you a budget to use for the class. Use it to buy cereal and feed them breakfast every morning. They'll show up, get fed spiritually and physically, and be more alert. On Fridays, do something special, like let them cook breakfast. Seminary is like putting a warm blanket around them before they go off to the cold, dreary world of school.

I was just called and set apart today. I'm very excited and will be teaching in my home. Does anyone have any helps or clues on how to make it a wonderful year?

p.s. I'm a convert and have no experience with seminary other than my daughter's experience last year!

Adding to others posts...I was asked several times in the earlier part of my church conversion, so I really feel your great distress friend. "READ....READ....and READ (study)". You will put in more hours in doing exactly that and only give a small portion of it to the students.

A good friend, Elder Gonzales was a seminary for 15-years in the Los Angeles area and did such a wonderful superb job at this calling that in a sense, it was sad to see him become a Seventy. It took much of his time with always with "preparation." What I found that his students love about him, was his genuine love for them and of Christ. So to add from his past, love your students and focus on the Savior for guidance and aid in your calling.

We had a seminary meeting today after church with all the students and parents. They played a 10 minute video where Elder Bednar sits down with some youth and answers their questions about seminary.

Get this video if you don't have it and at least play it for your students. It's very awesome.