mrsduckys question of the last days:

What the LDS church believes about the end of time and the Second Coming?

Officially we believe what the scriptures tell us. In other words you need to read all the text about that that is written in our scriptures adn then pray. We believe that no one knows the time not even the sun, but that those of us who are alart can see the warning sighns when they arrive.

Nice book to read 65 signs of the times by David J. Ridges (one of the LDS scolars) Very good book. So there is 65 signs some of them already in the past some stil coming and as everything in this too there are different opinions and that is ok as long as the Church dont give out an official opinion. So just follow the scriptures. The rest is spekulation. (Which I love to do and dont mind being wrong.) But many of his signs are pretty clear. I found one that we disagree on... :D

Officially we believe what the scriptures tell us. In other words you need to read all the text about that that is written in our scriptures adn then pray. We believe that no one knows the time not even the sun, but that those of us who are alart can see the warning sighns when they arrive.

So what do your scriptures tell you about the end of times? That is my question. I am asking and your vague answer suggests you don't know either! Does anyone know?

So what do your scriptures tell you about the end of times? That is my question. I am asking and your vague answer suggests you don't know either! Does anyone know?

I will submit, ONLY those involved with GOD over this earth. See D&C 77. There is about five individuals outside of Christ and Joseph Smith (incharge of this dispensation-work continues across the veil), who would know when. Exact hour? The answer would be NO! Christ testifies to this. Time frame? YES. It is part of their calling as direct servants of GOD to do HIS bidding.

I will be purchasing the book....thanks.

This is probably stil to happen:

D&C 87:6, D&C 133:26-33; 2 Nephi 30:7, Zechariah 12: 7-10, 13:6 D&C 45:51-53, D&C 45:26, Rev 19:17-21, D&C 29:21, D&C 29:16, Rev 16: 21, 16:18, 6:12, Ezekiel 40-46, 47:1, 47:8, 38-39, Rev 16: 14-16, Zakariah 12:2-9, D&C 107 53-57, D&C 116, Daniel 7:9-14, Rev 11:3, D&C 77: 15, rev 11:3-13, D&C 45:48, Zachariah 14: 1-5, Matt 24:29-31,JS Matthew 1:36, D&C 88:90-93, D&C 88:96-98, 86:7, Malaci 4:1, D&C 5:19, 2 Tessal 2:8, 2 Nephi 12:10,19,21, Rev 1:7, Rev 6: 14-16, Isaiah 11:6-9,

My favorite one is in Luke -

"Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be from the day when the Son of man is revealed. . . . Remember Lot's wife." (Luke 17:28-32.)