U-pick em football pool

pam

If I remember correctly, the people that didn't pick on their own did better or pretty close to better than those that did last year.

You led most of the season and I came on to win it and neither of us let the computer do our picking.

Now it is true that the fan picks or the odds do well against random or irrational picking but the people who actually win do not go with the flow ALWAYS. They have that little sub-set of hunches or "superior" analysis or whatever and it comes through for a few games in the course of the season that makes the difference.

Yea, verily.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

What? I swore I picked New Orleans, due to my Brett Favre hatred. Oh well, there is still more games to even it out.

Geez louise..you are ahead in the u-pick-em and you are complaining about ONE game? :P

Guest Godless

Ha! You won't get rid of me that easily. Besides, I feel my predictive powers waning… the better Oakland does, the more confused I get.

I'm having the same problem in pick-em group I'm in. And I think I'm done picking Dallas to win any games this season.

The Vikings have released Randy Moss after less than a month. They gave the Pats a third-round draft pick and paid Moss 1.5 million bucks.

In that time, Moss had 13 catches, so the Vikes paid $115, 384.62 per catch. Not a bargain.

Look for Favre to be suspended. Could keep his starting string intact if the timing is right.

The Chargers have also released Shawne Merriman. Teams have just about another hour to pick him up or he becomes an unrestricted free agent. Any team choosing to pick him up have to pay out the 3.269M still remaining on his 2010 contract.

Is it too late to join??? We've been doing this at home, and I have a pretty good 'wins' record so far.

Week 1) 11, Week 2) 8, Week 3) 9, Week 4) 8, Week 5) 10, Week 6) 8, Week 7) 9, Week 8) 8

What are the directions for joining? Or should I just wait til next year? (if there is NFL next year!)

So can I join???

You are welcome to join though with 1/2 of the season gone there won't be a way to catch up. But fun nonetheless to try and beat the guys for the next few weeks. :lol: