Forum Jumper Here... yeah, I'm one of those...

Lucread

I've been addicted to message boards for years... since High School, actually. It just so happens that I "fell away" from the church when I was 17, and thus never bothered to join any LDS centric forums... but having recently returned to the church, I've now found my way to an LDS message board, and BOY AM I GLAD ITS A vBULLETIN ONE! ~lol~

At any rate... I've a competely fleshed out profile if you want to know more about me.

If you want to know more, please feel free to ask, as I'm not really the shy type.

At any rate, I'm here, I'm a peer, get used to it. ;)

:D :D :D

I've been addicted to message boards for years... since High School, actually. It just so happens that I "fell away" from the church when I was 17, and thus never bothered to join any LDS centric forums... but having recently returned to the church, I've now found my way to an LDS message board, and BOY AM I GLAD ITS A vBULLETIN ONE! ~lol~

At any rate... I've a competely fleshed out profile if you want to know more about me.

If you want to know more, please feel free to ask, as I'm not really the shy type.

At any rate, I'm here, I'm a peer, get used to it. ;)

:D :D :D

You not a fan of PHPBB I take it? :P

Thanks for the words of welcome.

Welcome to the forum! The Book of Eli was fabulous.

Yeah, the catch at the end was so non-obvious, yet so not in your face, that I think a lot of people were taken aback be it and found it kinda stupid... but watching it with a faith standpoint, and then rewatching with knowledge of the revelation at the end... it becomes a very spiritually astonishing story of one man's mission in life... his calling, if you will.

You have a fun profile page. I imagine we have enough fans on this site for a Dr. Who Fan Club chapter.

Thanks, and thats awesome. Doctor Who is awesome, I really love the new take on it, and Steven Moffat's work with Series 5 was brilliant. I also really love Matt Smith's portrayal, and I can't wait for this year's Christmas episode. Its just too bad Matt Smith will only be in the role for one more series... I understand his reasons, but as a fan who loves his portrayal... it really dissappoints me. But such as it is.

I have never seen Dr. Who.

Really? Not even the old series? With a show that has now had 31 seasons (counting the classic and modern series, as the latter was a continuation holding all the classic stories as its back history), countless numbers of specials, and a movie (granted just a TV movie, but still), I'm always pretty surprised when someone has NO experience with Doctor Who. No experience with the modern series, yeah, but none at all... its just kinda weird to me.

At any rate... if you enjoy science fiction in any capacity... you should really look into it.

Hello Im glad u found us, and im glad u found your way back to the church.

... me too... me too...

I think the Doctor Who television program began on the BBC back in 1965. That was before the majority of posters here were born.

Yeah but it didn't end until 1989, and was then being run in America on the many PBS channels throughout the country, rerun and rerun throughout the 90's (though they began running it in the early/mid 80's, or at least that when my dad discovered the show). It became so popular in America through that that FOX decided to try and revitalize the series by bringing its production stateside and made a Pilot/TV Movie to be aired, so they could gage the rating to see if a series would work.

FOX aired this film in 1996 (I still remember my whole family gathering in the family room that night to watch it)... it didnt get the rating they hoped for and htey scrapped the plans for a new series, but the reaired the movie again in 1996, and then another three or four times in 1997. Next, in 1999 BBCAmerica aired it to bring in the new year as its story took place and December 30-31 of 1999 with the new year playing a central theme in the plot. It was then later picked up by movie channels like the Encore family, then it got passed down to then "Sci-Fi" channel (now "SyFy") when they temporarily held American rights to the new series' American broadcasting (which would eventually be pulled back by BBCAmerica), and through this never saw a year without airing in the states somewhere on some channel.

All the while the classic series was still be rerun on PBS... a compeltely different schedule than before, but still consistantly being run, until 2007 when PBS finally got the rights to air the 2005 "new" series, and haave pretty much since stopped airing the classic series, though BBCAmerican runs reruns of both classic and new Who on a regular basis.

So yeah... I've never had a year in my life when Doctor Who wasn't being aired someone in the states at some point in time... and THATs why I'm always befuddled when someone has absolutely no experience with the series... make sense, now?

/blah