Treasure Island

Dr T

A young boy, Jim Hawkins, lived quietly by the sea with his parents in an the Admiral Benbow inn. One day, a stranger moved into the Inn, dropped a few gold coins as payment for the room and he told them, “This should cover me for awhile-let me know when that payment runs out” (that is my paraphrase). The stranger wanted to stay far enough from shore but close enough to see the boats come in and out. When more payment was due, the owner would ask him to pay only to get a loud snorts and a growling stair from the stranger. He never paid anymore for the Rum or the room. The stranger was actually Billy Bones. They all sailed with Captain Flint, a feared pirate that sailed the seven seas. Billy Bones did not have much; he carried an old sea chest, a love for Rum, and some gold coins. He asked Jim to watch for a one legged man. Soon came other pirates in search of the pirate’s treasure map. The pirates gave Mr. Bones the “black spot” and he fought with another pirate. He died before they killed him.

Jim’s father died too and left him and his mother alone. After the death’s, Jim searches Billy Bones and the Chest and he finds the treasure map. He trusted Dr. Livesey, the local physician and the local legal magistrate. The Squire John Trelawney was naïve. The Doc warns them not to talk much about this knowing the danger involved. They eventually get the Hispaniola a great ship and a crew. Capt’n Flint is also the name of Silver’s parrot. I’m writing too much so I’ll finish quickly. In short, the cut throat pirate, Long John Silver, was in the crew and fought and fought to get the treasure. The squire did talk too much and let the cat out of the bag.

Jim serves as the cabin boy. He hid in the apple barrel and heard the pirate’s plans to find the treasure then kill all those that stand in their way. We find Ben Gunn on the island. He’d been there for years after being marooned there. He was semi nuts but had enough wherewithal to know how much to share and how much to help little Jim. Jim ran away and worked to the best of his ability hiding and fighting and taking the Hispaniola and beaches it in a hidden site. He fought Hands and sent him to Davie Jones locker. He grows up quickly and is able to make it through. I don’t want to say what happed to the treasure for fear that some of you may not have read it yet. So go read it. It’s 336 pages. I found it pretty predictable but that is common. I enjoyed this book last week at the lake. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this book. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

A young boy, Jim Hawkins, lived quietly by the sea with his parents in an the Admiral Benbow inn. One day, a stranger moved into the Inn, dropped a few gold coins as payment for the room and he told them, “This should cover me for awhile-let me know when that payment runs out” (that is my paraphrase). The stranger wanted to stay far enough from shore but close enough to see the boats come in and out. When more payment was due, the owner would ask him to pay only to get a loud snorts and a growling stair from the stranger. He never paid anymore for the Rum or the room. The stranger was actually Billy Bones. They all sailed with Captain Flint, a feared pirate that sailed the seven seas. Billy Bones did not have much; he carried an old sea chest, a love for Rum, and some gold coins. He asked Jim to watch for a one legged man. Soon came other pirates in search of the pirate’s treasure map. The pirates gave Mr. Bones the “black spot” and he fought with another pirate. He died before they killed him.

Jim’s father died too and left him and his mother alone. After the death’s, Jim searches Billy Bones and the Chest and he finds the treasure map. He trusted Dr. Livesey, the local physician and the local legal magistrate. The Squire John Trelawney was naïve. The Doc warns them not to talk much about this knowing the danger involved. They eventually get the Hispaniola a great ship and a crew. Capt’n Flint is also the name of Silver’s parrot. I’m writing too much so I’ll finish quickly. In short, the cut throat pirate, Long John Silver, was in the crew and fought and fought to get the treasure. The squire did talk too much and let the cat out of the bag.

Jim serves as the cabin boy. He hid in the apple barrel and heard the pirate’s plans to find the treasure then kill all those that stand in their way. We find Ben Gunn on the island. He’d been there for years after being marooned there. He was semi nuts but had enough wherewithal to know how much to share and how much to help little Jim. Jim ran away and worked to the best of his ability hiding and fighting and taking the Hispaniola and beaches it in a hidden site. He fought Hands and sent him to Davie Jones locker. He grows up quickly and is able to make it through. I don’t want to say what happed to the treasure for fear that some of you may not have read it yet. So go read it. It’s 336 pages. I found it pretty predictable but that is common. I enjoyed this book last week at the lake. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this book. Thanks.

THis is a fun one to read to kids.