Journalling?

BluePlastic

I am a new member (almost two months now! :D) and I was just thinking about something that I keep forgetting to ask my missionaries. :)

I have heard that young people in the church are encouraged to keep journals by articles in the New Era, etc. Does this extend to adults as well? And if it does, about what percentage of adults in the church actually do keep journals?

Also, since I'm a convert and missed out on everything, I'm going through the Young Women program (although I'm 44) and will probably go through the Seminary and Institute(?) programs myself as well.

I'm 30 myself, and I wish I could go to Institute. In my area, though, the cutoff for Institute is 30, and it's also 45 minutes away from me. A lot of stuff seems to close me out, as a 30 yr old woman who isn't married. :(

People of all ages are encouraged to keep journals. I keep a journal, and my mom has kept a journal since she was a teen. I don't know how many people keep a journal on a regular basis, but I find it helps sort out my thoughts throughout the day. My current journal is an online one, which makes sharing it with others easier.

I'm 30 myself, and I wish I could go to Institute. In my area, though, the cutoff for Institute is 30, and it's also 45 minutes away from me. A lot of stuff seems to close me out, as a 30 yr old woman who isn't married. :(

You should be able to go to Institute, though with it being 45 minutes away I think it might be an issue.

I would take the time, if I could. I go and love it and I've hit the 30 mark, too. :)

That's not just in your area. The age guidelines for Institute throughout the church are 18-30, married or unmarried. Some teachers in different areas don't mind if older students attend, but the actual cutoff is 30, no matter where you are.