My boss is in my Stake Presidency! Help?

onherwayback

Guest mirancs8

My only question now is: should I meet with him before/just after meeting with my Bishop just to say "Hey, I don't think you knew this but I have been inactive for a couple of years and I am preparing to meet/have met with the Bishop but I know that you are in the Stake Presidency so you might be finding out much, much more and I hope it doesn't affect our work relationship" or SOMETHING like that. Not necessarily those words?

You work with your boss often at work can't you just bring it up one of the times you are working together. Just make it small talk like "you know I saw you at church the other Sunday.... I've been inactive for X# of years and came that Sunday and to my surprise you were there." I'm sure this would open up dialog regarding it and I'm sure he'll be very happy that you want to return.

I don't see an issue to bring it up during work. We all small talk at work nothing wrong with it. We have a few LDS in our office and once one find out that you are they stop by and chat it up... you share something in common.

Edited by mirancs8

Keep work at work. To bring Church up there is not appropriate. If you see your boss at Church, smile brightly and ask how he is doing. When you talk to your bishop, he can tell you all that should happen and who would be doing what. I think sometimes we get so afraid, we miss out on the opprotunities we may have otherwised used to enhance our lives.

Guest mirancs8

Keep work at work. To bring Church up there is not appropriate. If you see your boss at Church, smile brightly and ask how he is doing. When you talk to your bishop, he can tell you all that should happen and who would be doing what. I think sometimes we get so afraid, we miss out on the opprotunities we may have otherwised used to enhance our lives.

I don't see anything inappropriate about simple saying "Hey I saw you at church this Sunday" to someone who you work very closely with... unless that is you work in a very uptight office environment. The people I work close with there is always some small talk here and there, "how are the kids", "ow you had a church outing? how nice", "your kids did what?", "so... what did you do this weekend", "you hate your in-laws that much", "your wife watched Twilight AGAIN this weekend??!!"

"The OBGYN said what during your appointment!?" OK I put that one in for laughs but I do have a woman at work who feels very comfortable filling me in (not in detail of course:eek:) about her appointments (she just had surgery) with the OBGYN.

All humor aside if she is working as close as she says she is with this man I don't see anything inappropriate with a simple "I saw you at church this weekend". You can just leave it at that and see where it leads. Your mature adults it's not like she's telling him she wants to have a romp with the man. Sheesh people are just really uptight.

Guest mormonmusic

changing wards or stakes to me suggests an attempt to hide the process from those called to help her. if that is the case isn't that pride making the decisions? if it's pride then it's not a true repentant heart. i think discretion is called for. no need to go overboard with hiding though.

If she moves, then the people in the new geographical boundary are the ones called to help her.

I empathize with this unique situation where she wouldn't want her workplace associates to know her sexual history. And I see no reason to make this more unpleasant or awkward than it has to be by insisting she stay within her own geographical boundaries if she feels moving is an option.

If she thinks that's too much hassle for what it's worth, then I think the advice others have given about separating the work and personal/Church life is her best line of attack. I also think she could share her concerns about this with her priesthood leaders (Bishop) and ask how confidentiality can be maintained -- let the Bishop and SP know of the work relationship with the member of the SP, and ask that perhaps this be kept confidential as far as the member of the SP is concerned.

Edited by mormonmusic