Book of Mormon Luvr

BookofMormonLuvr

One scripture I have taken to heart is this...

"...they have all gone astray, save it be a few, which are the humble followers of Christ; Nevertheless, they are led, that in many instances they do err, because they are taught by the precepts of men. (2 Nephi 28:14)

I believe we all have traditions and beliefs that are man made.

Like I stated earlier, I consider all members of the various Restoration (Book of Mormon believing) churches my brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ. I don't have any specific denominational affiliation, I am just a follower of Jesus Christ.

I am not here to bash your church. Like I said, I feel one of the tasks given to me is to build bridges of understanding and fellowship between the members of the various Restoration churches.

I think all of us here would love to build bridges to the other denominations that believe in the Book of Mormon, etc. One interesting tid-bit. The Church of Christ (Temple Lot/Hedrickite) owns the temple lot designated by Joseph Smith way back in the 1800's. They had a trailer on it -- as a visitor's center I suppose. Some arson set the thing on fire, it was destroyed and they were left without a building on the temple lot. From what I understand, we built them a replacement -- not a trailer but a nicer bigger, permanent building.

The point is, the leaders of the Church do earnestly seek to build bridges and reconcile differences with other such groups. Often it is done very quietly. I don't think we took credit for the Hedrickite building publicly but it was left for people to assume that they had built it themselves. But anyone doing the math knew they didn't have the money to build it. Even if you had no idea where the help came from, you knew somebody helped them.

There's a lot of other examples of course. We would love to re-unite with them all, but that isn't entirely up to us.

FYI, I wasn't implying that you were here to bash our religion. Just bear in mind that many before you have come to this forum with that primary purpose in mind. Just letting you know that a certain amount of knee-jerk reflex defensiveness exists. As for me, I will always seek to give you or anyone the benefit of the doubt.

Vancouver, Washington is about as far south in WA as you can go. It is, as Pam said, right across the Columbia River from Portland, OR. Vancouver, British Columbia is quite a bit farther north in Canada, where the Olympics were held earlier this year. Bellingham is much closer to Vancouver, BC than it is to Vancouver, WA.

Well that goes to show how bad my geography is. I had a layover there once and I'd thought that's what they told me at the time. Vancouver BC, that is. Sorry about that.

Edited by UrbanFool

Maya, Vancouver is in both Washington and in Canada. I have a friend in Bellingham. I think that's right on the border too.

So it is like Warsawa USA or Paris USA... Jerusalem (was it Boutiful)... bountiful Utah.... I see the importance of mentioning at least the state...

closing from Espoo Norway (It is not on the map yet, except in Finland):D

I think all of us here would love to build bridges to the other denominations that believe in the Book of Mormon, etc. One interesting tid-bit. The Church of Christ (Temple Lot/Hedrickite) owns the temple lot designated by Joseph Smith way back in the 1800's. They had a trailer on it -- as a visitor's center I suppose. Some arson set the thing on fire, it was destroyed and they were left without a building on the temple lot. From what I understand, we built them a replacement -- not a trailer but a nicer bigger, permanent building.

The point is, the leaders of the Church do earnestly seek to build bridges and reconcile differences with other such groups. Often it is done very quietly. I don't think we took credit for the Hedrickite building publicly but it was left for people to assume that they had built it themselves. But anyone doing the math knew they didn't have the money to build it. Even if you had no idea where the help came from, you knew somebody helped them.

There's a lot of other examples of course. We would love to re-unite with them all, but that isn't entirely up to us.

FYI, I wasn't implying that you were here to bash our religion. Just bear in mind that many before you have come to this forum with that primary purpose in mind. Just letting you know that a certain amount of knee-jerk reflex defensiveness exists. As for me, I will always seek to give you or anyone the benefit of the doubt.

Knowing several members of the Church of Christ and having participated in a few of their meetings, I have difficulty believing they accepted any funds from the LDS Church (but, hey, I'm not privy to their inner workings).

Also, the building that was burnt down was an actual building, not a trailer.

• 2 months later...
  • 13 years later...
On 8/30/2010 at 10:01 AM, BookofMormonLuvr said:

Hello all! As my name says, I love of the Book of Mormon! I am not, however, LDS. I believe one of the tasks given to me is to build better understanding and a sense of fellowship amoung the various believers in the Book of Mormon who belong to the different churches of the Restoration. I believe the Gospel of Salvation is simple:

Have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ

Repent of your sins

Be baptized in His name

Become as a little child

Endure to the end

I look forward to the discussion here and hope my occasional difference of opinion will not be offensive to anyone.

This was me. I was dazed and confused and dead wrong. I disavow any and all things I spoke against the Church back then.

Thank you for your mercy,

ZealouslyStriving

"And they traveled throughout all the land of Zarahemla, and among all the people who were under the reign of king Mosiah, zealously striving to repair all the injuries which they had done to the church, confessing all their sins, and publishing all the things which they had seen, and explaining the prophecies and the scriptures to all who desired to hear them" (Mosiah 27:35)