Upcoming NHL 2010-11 Season

TL10

What are your thoughts heading up to the beginning of the season for the NHL, a certain team, player etc.

For me, being a Flames fan, this season will be very interesting to watch, as last season was a dissapointment to many fans, due to their shortcomings even though the team has major all star level players on the team. What happens this season will mostly likely determine the outcome of this team in the next several years if you ask me.

The flames will definitely be better, due to the changes they made. But I think the one team that is going to surprise people this year is Ottawa. I wish Andy Sotton would have stated, but rthe addition of Gonchar will help, along with Compoli improving.

However, I think Detriot will be back on top, assuming they do not have injuriies like last year. Modano, although older, will help them.

What are your thoughts heading up to the beginning of the season for the NHL, a certain team, player etc.

For me, being a Flames fan, this season will be very interesting to watch, as last season was a dissapointment to many fans, due to their shortcomings even though the team has major all star level players on the team. What happens this season will mostly likely determine the outcome of this team in the next several years if you ask me.

The Flames nees to get off of this "Defense First" philosophy. Kipper was amazing last year and look at what that got them......nothing because they didn't score enough. I think the Joki signing is the stupidest thing that Sutter has done, and hopefully it doesn't come back to bite him in the.......you know.

Tanguay was a good move as Iggy liked him.

I think the biggest surprise will be Tampa Bay. Not sure why, just a feeling. They won't win it all, but they will be much better than last year. The biggest dissapointment will be Chicago. They were built for a 1 year run and pulled it off. Now they are getting rid of everyone. Sad.

The Flames nees to get off of this "Defense First" philosophy. Kipper was amazing last year and look at what that got them......nothing because they didn't score enough. I think the Joki signing is the stupidest thing that Sutter has done, and hopefully it doesn't come back to bite him in the.......you know.

Tanguay was a good move as Iggy liked him.

The biggest dissapointment will be Chicago. They were built for a 1 year run and pulled it off. Now they are getting rid of everyone. Sad.

Agreed. There was some groaning around the family when my brother told us about Joki signing. Tanguay on the other hand could offset this. He might just get Iggy and Joki back to scoring more goals. As for Chicago, they're going down the gutter. 'nuff said.

...one team that is going to surprise people this year is Ottawa. I wish Andy Sotton would have stated, but rthe addition of Gonchar will help, along with Compoli improving.

However, I think Detriot will be back on top, assuming they do not have injuriies like last year. Modano, although older, will help them.

I wouldn't think so for either team will do well this year. Detroit still has their old players and they won't be able to rely on them much longer, and Ottawa probobly will do better, enough for a playoff contender, but I don't expect any surprises from either team.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, the players on Detroit are clearly getting older. However, the Red Wings have to be the most talented and intelligent hockey team in a very long time. The way they pass (and puck control) is unbelievable. For Detroit, it will come down to injuries. There players, because they are older, will be more prone to be injured. If they have some luck and are relatively injury free (not like last year) they will win the cup again. If like last year, they have huge injury problems and are exhausted and have to play on the road right at the beginning of the play-off , they will only make it a round or two. But if they are healthy – they still have it.

I think Chicago will still be extremely good (even without the 5 players they lost) but I also think the Canucks will be much improved this year.

I’m a HUGE Toronto fan – I just hope they can make it to the play-offs.

I’m a HUGE Toronto fan – I just hope they can make it to the play-offs.

I'm tempted to say some Leaf's jokes now, but I'll set that aside... for now!:D

Anyways, I agree that both the Wings still are very excellent at their game and that the Canucks (as much as I regret saying this) will probobly be the team to beat this season.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...