UGH..The dreaded "s" word

pam

I could not believe that storm. It woke me up at about 6:10am, the hail was the size of a quarter, wound up dumping close to an inch of it on my lawn, there was lightning every 4 or 5 seconds for 10 minutes and then after that it rained for about an hour.

I've never seen anything like it in Utah as far as the hail and lightning. Very cool to watch, probably not fun to be in.

Pam, get used to it and appriciate it. At the rate that global warming is warming up the planet, expect to see winters where there may be little snow in the mountains at all.

I just watched a discovery tv show about the melting glaciers of iceland and the arctic shelf. It was very disturbing what was happening. Remember, the ice of the north, is North americas airconditioner in the summer "cool water flows south from the arctic down along both coast in the winter" and keeps our weather in check.

Pam, get used to it and appriciate it. At the rate that global warming is warming up the planet, expect to see winters where there may be little snow in the mountains at all.

I just watched a discovery tv show about the melting glaciers of iceland and the arctic shelf. It was very disturbing what was happening. Remember, the ice of the north, is North americas airconditioner in the summer "cool water flows south from the arctic down along both coast in the winter" and keeps our weather in check.

I was just in Alaska, and apparently it's just a myth that ALL glaciers are receding. Near Juneau, there are two glaciers. One is receding, and the other is expanding.

A lot of these documentaries are agenda driven as in trying to max out on MORE government grants.

Here in CA it was significantly cooler this summer, per my A/C bills.:D

I was just in Alaska, and apparently it's just a myth that ALL glaciers are receding. Near Juneau, there are two glaciers. One is receding, and the other is expanding.

A lot of these documentaries are agenda driven as in trying to max out on MORE government grants.

Here in CA it was significantly cooler this summer, per my A/C bills.:D

Blame it on Al Gore and his global warming conspiracy. :eek: