Hello from OR

Watermelanie

Hi!

I'd like to start by saying that I am a non-Mormon girl. However, I joined this site because I am trying to learn more about the religion, having seriously dated a Mormon boy for the past year. He left for his mission three weeks ago, and I am having trouble coping so I thought that joining this site might help.

He has taught me about many of the Mormon beliefs and I am trying to approach the religion with an open mind, but it's hard, having grown up in a household that did not even believe in God. I guess I am starting with a clean slate though, so it's probably easier for me than for others who have grown up believing in a different religion.

Anyway, I'm afraid when he gets back he'll be even more religious and I'll just be here the same as before and we won't be able to make it work. So that's pretty much it, I'll be around reading postings and commenting.

Thanks!

--Melanie

Hi Melani and welcome. I just saw a Chinese girl babtized by his boyfrioend. She said that at first it was very weird this tought of there beeing a God. But as he taught her she realised that it must be true as everything in the world testifies for en God... this all could not be just by incident.

Do go and ask your questions on the forums... maybe in about mormonism.... dont be afraid toa sk we are here to help you. My son is on mission now and it is true most misionaries are very much in to religion when they get home. You have 2 wonderful years to grow and find out your own path.

Guess You'll get it. If there's honest love between you and the young mormon missionar there will be nothing between you and him. I'm sure. I know several Elders who visited me here and came as guests to my flat. Young men from Utah, Idaho, Arizona and other parts of the US. We had good discussions about faith and truth. It's not easy doing to absolve a two year's missionaryship, but I know they are taff guys. They serve for God. And God leads. And God might lead both of you you together. Pray, and be honest. You're a daughter of God. He cannot phone you or send you a letter, 'cause it's a holy mission he's on. But perhaps there might be a way to send him a letter? I don't know. Try to ask therefore. Best wishes.

You can't see the Rocky Mountains from Oregon.

No, you certainly can not. Sorry I confounded it with a different state on the eastern side of the Rocky Mountains. Oregon, of course, is the eastern coast. And Oregon City is not far from the coast. I should more often take a look to american maps.

No, you certainly can not. Sorry I confounded it with a different state on the eastern side of the Rocky Mountains. Oregon, of course, is the eastern coast. And Oregon City is not far from the coast. I should more often take a look to american maps.

What am I talking about? The western coast, of course. Might have written enough today and get asleep. Sorry and good night (it's nearly one o clock in the night here).

Oregon is on the western coast. That's okay. I don't know my geography of Germany either. :)

Hello Melanie

May I make a suggestion? If you want to know more about LDS, get a copy of the Book of Mormon, read it, then pray about it, and you Will have it revealed to you as to its truth.And at the same time you will gain a tesitmonyof the true Gospel of Jesus Christand THAT will only bring you closer to the guy that you have been dating

Sorry, you used to live there, and it's a nice place you're remembering? Might be a city of about 30,000 inhabitants? Can you see the Rocky Mountains from there?

No, but it's near the Cascades. But yes, I enjoyed living there, and would move back in a minute if my husband could find a job in the are that would support the cost of living.

I suppose that relative to Germany, Oregon City is near the coast. In reality, it's a 2-2 1/2 hour drive from the coast.