Why haven't I got a better laughs/post ratio??

dorave

I'm banning all moderators from my threads. Please follow my rules.

Thanks. :)

I would give you a straight forward answer, but then again I'm banned from posting on your threads.

Edited by pam

I've made lotsa funnies ...almost all my posts are pretty darn hilarious, prolly 'bout 98% of them I reckon. yet I get almost no laughs from other users. Is there a bias here, I wonder....

I assure you I have not a biased cell in me, if you'd provide links to your funny/hilarious posts, I'll be more than happy to evaluate their humor content for myself and react appropriately.

Guest mormonmusic

It's probably due to the mix of personalities on this particular site. I've found that sometimes I've made points in real life with people I know in person, and they think the ideas are phenomenal. And then I share them here and there's no thanks. Also, there have been times I've given really practical advice that has worked for me, and it appears to get no reaction from anyone.

In my view, it's probably due to different personalities and outlooks on life, rather than anything necessarily valueless or humorless in your comments.

Also, I think it depends on the "closeness" of the relationships you've established with certain people.; I have a hunch that people who generally really, really like each other, or have a long history on this forum tend to thank or laugh more at each other's posts.

So, I wouldn't take it personally. When I feel bad about my thank ratio, I just look at Pam's and then I feel MUCH better :) (Just kidding Pam).

So, I wouldn't take it personally. When I feel bad about my thank ratio, I just look at Pam's and then I feel MUCH better :) (Just kidding Pam).

Heyyyyy in my defense, they only started the thanks and laughs buttons about 1 1/2 years ago. So I had LOTS of posting done before they even started.

Ok cool ...Let it be known, as of today, I'm going on a 'thank yous' and 'laughs' hunger strike protest. No more free handouts from me!

So, in other words, any support received from you is predicate on you being patted on the back? Any kind words from you are subject to you receiving flattery?

Then take me off your list. A person who gives a kind gesture with the expectation of payment is a person only out for themselves, wanting their reward here on earth. I would rather not get involved with a person like that.

So, in other words, any support received from you is predicate on you being patted on the back? Any kind words from you are subject to you receiving flattery?

Then take me off your list. A person who gives a kind gesture with the expectation of payment is a person only out for themselves, wanting their reward here on earth. I would rather not get involved with a person like that.

No you got it all wrong, I don't want my reward here on Earth .......only on these forrums!

:clap: