Why haven't I got a better laughs/post ratio??

dorave

So, in other words, any support received from you is predicate on you being patted on the back? Any kind words from you are subject to you receiving flattery?

Then take me off your list. A person who gives a kind gesture with the expectation of payment is a person only out for themselves, wanting their reward here on earth. I would rather not get involved with a person like that.

:clap:

You guys take things waaay too seriously. Lighten up, people!

And some people are just funny looking. Dorave, it could be that you are one of the funny looking people and we just don't laugh because we can't see you.

You might look and drool too, ya' never know.

Anyway what are looks but a glossy cover to an unread book?

It's confidence that counts at the end of the day, and it just so happens that some people are blessed to have the best of both worlds. haha

And some people don't like admitting that some funny people who know they're funny are actually really funny.

funny / borderline cute.

Hey I just tell it how I see it and what I see right now, is a forum in desperate need of my presence and wit.

Okay, seriously? Get over yourself already. You're not amusing.

It's confidence that counts at the end of the day, and it just so happens that some people are blessed to have the best of both worlds. haha

Now you're just getting creepy.

Ah, but you are wondering why you are not getting as many laughs as you are expecting, meaning that you are basing this expectation on something. Probably you are basing this expectation on the fact that you seem to get a lot of laughs in face to face encounters with people. I am just trying to explore with you the reasons why the laughs you recieve online are so small compared to those you receive in face to face encounters. And as it certainly must not be your words I am trying to help you find an alternate reason. Such as your looks. I am guessing though as I don't actually know what you look like in person, such is the way of the internet.

I am a bit surprised at the posts in this thread. I came from a forum where people criticized others horribly. I thought I had left that behind, but I guess not. This sort of behavior from so many makes me think I had better look for another place to spend my time.

:(

Dude. Deep breath. Relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*takes a breath*aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax.

I'm wondering why so many people didn't realize this was one big joke from the beginning.

Or if they did, why they took the oppurtunity to diss Dorave and pretend it was serious.

Come on people... In his OP he claims that NINETY-EIGHT PERCENT of his posts should receive laughs because they're funny. It's painfully obvious that the great majority of his posts are not meant to evoke a laugh, but to have a conversation.

I actually agree with RanMan: when someone (no matter who) starts a slightly-self-deprecating-and-meant-to-be-humurous thread like this and it becomes a bashing ground, that really does leave me wondering about those doing the bashing. If you don't think it's funny and you know it's meant to be, take the high road and don't say anything. Don't use it as an oppurtunity to take cheap shots at a fellow child of GOD.

I'm wondering why so many people didn't realize this was one big joke from the beginning.

Or if they did, why they took the oppurtunity to diss Dorave and pretend it was serious.

Come on people... In his OP he claims that NINETY-EIGHT PERCENT of his posts should receive laughs because they're funny. It's painfully obvious that the great majority of his posts are not meant to evoke a laugh, but to have a conversation.

I actually agree with RanMan: when someone (no matter who) starts a slightly-self-deprecating-and-meant-to-be-humurous thread like this and it becomes a bashing ground, that really does leave me wondering about those doing the bashing. If you don't think it's funny and you know it's meant to be, take the high road and don't say anything. Don't use it as an oppurtunity to take cheap shots at a fellow child of GOD.

Or, you could be the one taking this all too seriously, and we're the ones in on the joke. :rolleyes: