cooldice23

Hello!

I'm new here! I'm here specifically because I have some questions about Mormonism, both in theology and in practice. I tried to ask the folks over at mormon.org, but it seemed like they were really restricted about what they could talk about.

The questions I have are pretty involved, so I won't go into them here.

I'm 31 and married, we have two dogs and live near Austin, TX.

I was raised Jehovah's Witness, and am currently not affiliated with any religion. I have been a student of religious belief my whole life, (which started in a small town called Palmer, Alaska), and find nothing so fascinating, both academically and personally as the way that people relate to God and the way that that affects their day to day life.

I can say this: I did not come here to be converted. I came here because I have honest questions about Mormons that I'd like to have answered by Mormons. I can promise that as long as you're being cool, open and honest with me, I'll be friendly, open, and nonjudgmental of your beliefs.

Hello Cool. There is an other JW I know at the moment who is asking a lot about mormonism... but not here, not in this language. He has a very tough childhood and youth as JW and is very carefull not to fall for something like what his parents fell for. So I hope we can answer you. In .org there are often new misionaries, who try their skills there... and they dont always have answers. I know my son was there a while ago... and he knew nothing of the claims and how to answer them. So good luck, here are some really good people with a lot of knowledge.. so ask on...

Oh and welcome!