1st To Die-James Patterson

Dr T

Ok, the latest book I read was a crime/murder mystery book by James Patterson. I do not usually read that kind of book but decided to pick it up to see why people really enjoy reading his books. I did read and enjoyed a book called Zodiac a very long time ago and have not read any others so I thought I'd give it a try.

This book was about a homicide detective in San Francisco. I don't want to give away too much in case somebody is going to read it but I will say that while reading this book it reminded me of why I don't tend to get into them. There is a lot of bad language, heinous sexual content and murders of course. Being my first Patterson book it made me wonder if I'd ever read another one.

I guess it was well written in describing the characters and had ups and down, another character with personal issues, a love interest, and four bright characters that teamed up to be the Women's Murder Club-a group of women that bring together their own specialized skills to work on a homicide case. I thought the combination of those four disciplines was a brilliant idea for various reasons. On a 5 point scale I'd give it a 3, maybe a 3.5. It wasn't the best and wasnt the worst either. I'm not disappointed that I read it and maybe I'll get another Patterson book to see if he gets any better. I'd love to read what any of you thought about it.

I work at a book store. Patterson is well liked author and most who read him come back to get others. The series you are talking about is up to number 9. Now, you asked about reading him. Some of his books keep me up at night. Most of the time because I like them, but some have more then I want to know in them. I like the Max series. Some of his other books I put down after the first murder. Many of his books have been made into TV movies and even a TV series.

Hi Roseslipper! Yeah, this book wouldn't be the best to read for the reasons I said above. Thank you.

===

oh, that is awesome Skippy! I'd LOVE to work at a book store but I'd want to read more than I should I guess. That's good to hear. Maybe I will pick up another and see if I can stomach it. Thanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd LOVE to work at a book store but I'd want to read more than I should I guess. That's good to hear. Maybe I will pick up another and see if I can stomach it. Thanks. :)

I work at a used book store a couple days a week. :) I love it. My problem, is sometimes I do not remember if I have read a book or someone has told me about a book. :confused: I had to start a list. I read a little bit of everything, except war, true crime, and some of the romances. :)

Starting a list is a good idea. When I first got out of school and was able to read what I wanted I read a book a week for years. My kids are the same way. They LOVE to read and when I bring home bags and bags from the library it like Christmas to them. I don't read much war (sometimes but not often) and romance either. I am interested in true crime books. I read a lot of different things.

I work at a book store. Patterson is well liked author and most who read him come back to get others. The series you are talking about is up to number 9. Now, you asked about reading him. Some of his books keep me up at night. Most of the time because I like them, but some have more then I want to know in them. I like the Max series. Some of his other books I put down after the first murder. Many of his books have been made into TV movies and even a TV series.

Now THAT's the kind of job I'd like to have. I'd be in 7th heaven.