can i change my record in the church?

sinfulliar

I intentionally told a lie on my date of birth when I recieved the baptism talk. I am a shameful liar and I have been tortured these years. Will God forgive me? Is my baptism valid? I want to change my record in the church. Is it possible? And how to make it changed? I am losing the face if it is known by many church members. Please help me. Thank you for your kind reply.

Tell your bishop, he will not need to tell alot of people, I'm sure your baptism is still valid. Get it over with and talk to him. He can change it, or have the secretary change it. Don't worry, just fix it and it will be okay. :)

Edited by jayanna
add smile, China, wow :)

Tell your bishop, he will not need to tell alot of people, I'm sure your baptism is still valid. Get it over with and talk to him. He can change it, or have the secretary change it. Don't worry, just fix it and it will be okay.

indeed just get it fixed, if your over the age of 8 i don't see why it would not be valid.

They also need to know your dob to know that you are of age to get baptized without parental consent.

you'll need the birthdate listed on your membership record to successfully sign up for an internet account on lds.org. You can either get your membership record fixed, or you can just remember the false one for this purpose.

If you want to fix it, all you need to do is talk to the clerk on a Sunday. It will take about 10 seconds to fix. If you want to avoid explaining why it needs to be fixed, ask for a copy of your Individual Ordinance Summary. When you look at it, just say, "Hey, my birthdate on here is wrong." and then they'll fix it and you can go on never admitting your indiscretion.

Or you could tell the truth. I doubt anyone will care.

my mom was a single mom and needed a job bad. the only jobs women could get that really paid anything at the time was bar tending. but she had to be 21 (she was a yr shy). so she went to the dmv and said she lost her drivers license and needed a new one, when they printed it she looked at it and said, "hey you got my birth date wrong" and told them she was a yr older than she was. they said "oh" and changed it. lol so yrs later when she didn't want to be a yr older anymore she wasn't sure what to do. she went in for a renewal and tried the same thing again, this time they asked for a copy of her birth certificate... which was easy enough to produce. lol

sorry that's not really related to the op just came to mind when reading moe's post. lol

I intentionally told a lie on my date of birth when I recieved the baptism talk. I am a shameful liar and I have been tortured these years. Will God forgive me? Is my baptism valid? I want to change my record in the church. Is it possible? And how to make it changed? I am losing the face if it is known by many church members. Please help me. Thank you for your kind reply.

Yes, God will forgive you. Jesus Christ made this possible through the atonement. I believe in your heart you know what you did was wrong. Talk to your Bishop or your President and make it right so you can really forgive yourself. This is what counts. As long as you feel shame and tortured you will not forgive yourself. My prayers are with you.

The only reasons I could really see this being a problem are if you weren't eight yet or maybe if you were a minor without parental consent. Otherwise it should just be a matter of getting your record fixed.

I would definitely recommend talking to you bishop if you weren't eight yet since that's almost certainly a problem. It's not a horrible idea even if that isn't the case, if it's bothering you as much as it seems to be. If it isn't something that requires his help, I'm sure he'll tell you and then you don't need to worry about it. Bishops are usually fairly discreet, so it shouldn't go beyond the two of you and maybe the ward clerk.

All else aside, I can assure you that your transgression in this case is no worse than most of us have committed at one time or another. I'm sure Heavenly Father will forgive you, and in the end, He's the only person who's approval you need :)

If you want to fix it, all you need to do is talk to the clerk on a Sunday. It will take about 10 seconds to fix. If you want to avoid explaining why it needs to be fixed, ask for a copy of your Individual Ordinance Summary. When you look at it, just say, "Hey, my birthdate on here is wrong." and then they'll fix it and you can go on never admitting your indiscretion.

Or you could tell the truth. I doubt anyone will care.

I agree.