Could someone translate this?

checkerboy

I was wondering if someone out there that speaks Spanish could translate the following:

"If you are reading the Book of Mormon, praying,and going to church, there is no way you are not going to feel the spirit, its just up to you if you want to accept it or not. Jesus is knocking on the door,we just have to open up the door to him."

Thank you so much.

Si esté leyendo El Libro de Mormón, orando, y yendo a la iglesia, no es posible no sentir el Espíritu Santo. Tiene que decidir si quisiera aceptarlo o no. Jesucristo esta esperándonos; solamente tenemos que irnos a Él.

More directly:

If you are reading the Book of Mormon, praying, and going to church, it is not possible to not feel the Holy Ghost. You have to decide if you want to accept it or not. Jesus Christ is waiting for us; we only have to decide to go to Him.

(Analogies don't really translate well directly.)

Edited by Wingnut
switch tenses

That's just how it worked. A native speaker can correct me if I'm wrong, which is very possible. I've been home from my mission nearly seven years now. I spoke Spanish regularly for the first two years after, but lately, the only Spanish I speak is with one of my 15-year-old young women, and occasionally with her parents.

Wingnut, shouldn't "esta" be in the subjunctive tense since it's a conditional?

(Spoke Portuguese on my mission, and the grammar rules are pretty similar.)

I was thinking that. It's been a long time since I've thought much about subjunctive grammar. You're probably right, if you caught it and I also wondered myself. I'll change it.

Thanks Wingnut. Would you be willing to translate other testimonies if I have more? I would even throw you some cash for translating seeing as it is for my business.

I thought I remembered enough Spanish from high school and college but apparently I am lacking.

The translation offer is for anyone actually. I do Missionary Trading Cards in English and Spanish and soon will branch out to French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Chinese and a few others.

Let me know

I was wondering if someone out there that speaks Spanish could translate the following:

"If you are reading the Book of Mormon, praying,and going to church, there is no way you are not going to feel the spirit, its just up to you if you want to accept it or not. Jesus is knocking on the door,we just have to open up the door to him."

Thank you so much.

Formal (usted):

"Si está leyendo el Libro de Mormón, orando, yendo a la iglesia, no es posible que no sienta el Espíritu, depende de usted si quiere aceptarlo o no. Jesus está tocando* la puerta, solamente tenemos que abrirla."

Informal ((tú):

"Si estás leyendo el Libro de Mormón, orando, yendo a la iglesia, no es posible que no sientas el Espíritu, depende de ti si quieres aceptarlo o no. Jesus está tocando la puerta, solamente tenemos que abrirla."

*tocar means to touch and to play but when referred to "knocking on door", the word tocar is used.

OK here is a challenge for anyone out there. Could you translate the following into these different languages, Afrikaans, Albanian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Haitian Creole, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovenian, Swedish.

Here is what to translate:

Elder

Sister

Hometown

Ward

Stake

Birthday

Scripture

Thanks to all who can help me out!

Hey Checker, I work with some translators in my office who do translations. I bet I could get them to translate these words. Such as the Haitian Creole and Polish. We have 2 translators I work with for both of these languages.