Do I Stand Alone? by Jesse Ventura

Dr T

I had a holiday this week and was able to get some reading done while it was quiet around the house. I read about two and a half books this week but will only talk about the first one. Do I Stand Alone? Going to the Mat Against Political Pawns and Media Jackals was a book by Jesse Ventura. I remember when he was Jesse “The Body” Ventura but didn’t really know much more than that. This book was great! I really enjoyed reading his thoughts. He is an Independent politically. From this short book (a little shy of 300 pages) I’ve known this for a while no but this book specifically delved into the realized of the scrutiny a politician like him is under and how they really need to be on guard when making public comments. You can tell when they are politicians and try to cover their bases so as to cut back on being taken out of context or when people put words into your mouth. I really liked how he outlined the role of a public servant. From reading this book and his challenge to take up some office, even if it’s in a small town, the either do it and get out of being in the silent majority. I will give running for an office more thoughts from reading this one book. I’d give this book a 4.25 our of 5 stars. I hope to hear from some of you about what you thought of this book.