New Kitty in the T house.

Dr T

I miss my cat so much... but it is difficult to have a cat when you travel pretty often to your mother or cotttage which are a days trip from you in an other country and if taken back the cat should have the vaccination for rabies relevant all the time... even though I have not heard ONE rabies case in some 50 years! :eek: The rabies vaccination costs more than the trip! Luckily we got a good family for the wonderfull cat we had.

Cats are useless.

Well what use are you? :P

But the Cat keeps his side of the bargain too. He will kill mice and he will be kind to Babies when he is in the house, just as long as they do not pull his tail too hard. But when he has done that, and between times, and when the moon gets up and night comes, he is the Cat that walks by himself, and all places are alike to him. Then he goes out to the Wet Wild Woods or up the Wet Wild Trees or on the Wet Wild Roofs, waving his wild tail and walking by his wild lone. (Rudyard Kipling The Cat Who Walked By Himself)

Edited by Jamie123
Added Kipling quote

What use are dogs for anything other than affection? Many of them wouldn't even bark at a burglar.

Mine would. She loves car rides and she will bark at any person she sees in her territory, which is any area that falls within her range of vision. Both cats and dogs tend to extend the lifespan of their owners. I think that is pretty useful. Besides, I feel safer having my dogs.