Has anyone read David Baldacci's First Family

zippy_do46

First Family by David Baldacci is the fourth book in a series of books about characters, Sean King and Michelle Maxwell. They both went into private investigation after working in the Secret Service. This is the problem of not reading books in the order. Although this book stands along in reading, there are things that you do not know about. The good thing is now I just have to read the other 3 books to find out why they are no longer in the Service.

The First Lady, Jane Cox, calls in Sean King into the investigation of the kidnapping of her niece, Willa Dutton. Ever aware of the watching eyes and ears she knows her husband, the President may be in more danger then all realize. She has seen the loyalty of Sean King in action before and wants him to find her niece. She over rides some rules and sets the stage for …. Ok, this is where you have to read the book. It is 609 pages of page turning action. It has some bad street language. It also has some implied sex. No scripts for it. I did something I do not normally do. At 2:30 in the morning and knowing I had to go to work that morning I turn to the end of the book. I wished I had not done it. I was back up at 5:30 trying to find out “how” the “what” went down. I finished the book right before I had to leave for work. I sold all 3 copies we had out and dug out the others. I enjoyed Baldacci’s characters. A few were very predictable but, others kept me wondering.

Edited by zippy_do46