Share a song.

PrinceofLight2000

Yes, another music thread because I love it so much. :P

How this will work is, one person posts a song and then the next person who wants to post a song gives feedback/evaluation/opinion on the last song that was posted before them. (Please, everyone, listen through each song completely) Then they post their own song. Musical exposure for all!

I'll start. This is one of my two favorite bands by the way, so try not to be too harsh. ;)

YouTube - Secret and Whisper - XOXOXO (Music Video)

First replier: Post your thoughts first, then your link.

Edited by PrinceofLight2000

Interesting song, I liked the tune and the way they sung it. Then again I am a fan of heavier rock. The music video was quite interesting as well, it had a slight Steam Punk feel to it. The band definitely sounds like something I could easily listen to on a regular basis.

I am going to post a link to one of my favorite Irish singers. This is one of the first songs I stumbled upon of his. It is more along the lines of Irish folk music.

Interesting song, I liked the tune and the way they sung it. Then again I am a fan of heavier rock. The music video was quite interesting as well, it had a slight Steam Punk feel to it. The band definitely sounds like something I could easily listen to on a regular basis.

I am going to post a link to one of my favorite Irish singers. This is one of the first songs I stumbled upon of his. It is more along the lines of Irish folk music.

Wow, just wow. He knows how to fiddle, and I love guys who have higher ranges. Also, sweet video, I love it when they incorporate water.

Very, very talented. It reminds me quite a bit of Nickel Creek.

YouTube - Saosin - 3rd Measurement in C

This one has a little screaming, but don't be put off, as it's mostly for effect. Instrumentation is phenomenal.

Pretty cool songs

I and my once upon a time friends used to play alot of heavy metal songs together way back when being a rockstar was a dream.That was like 15 or more years ago.Places around here are just finally starting to get into what was 20 years ago.Back then it was Metallica,Guns n Roses, Skid Row etc. etc. I'm not as into that line of music as I was back then but will probably always enjoy distorted guitars.Not as much as I enjoy accoustic now tho.

The song with the fiddles was pretty sweet too.They always sound good tho.Never tried playing one tho.Maybe one day.Nice melodies on that song.

Lately I'm trying to learn this song.

Would like to play it at my baptism if they will let me.

Its kind of old but it would so fit.

Empty Me (Accoustic) - Chris Sligh

Pretty cool songs

I and my once upon a time friends used to play alot of heavy metal songs together way back when being a rockstar was a dream.That was like 15 or more years ago.Places around here are just finally starting to get into what was 20 years ago.Back then it was Metallica,Guns n Roses, Skid Row etc. etc. I'm not as into that line of music as I was back then but will probably always enjoy distorted guitars.Not as much as I enjoy accoustic now tho.

The song with the fiddles was pretty sweet too.They always sound good tho.Never tried playing one tho.Maybe one day.Nice melodies on that song.

Lately I'm trying to learn this song.

Would like to play it at my baptism if they will let me.

Its kind of old but it would so fit.

Empty Me (Accoustic) - Chris Sligh

Nice, I often listen to KLOVE, mostly because I find Christian Rock often helps me feel the Spirit as I drive to work. I currently have a Casting Crowns song as my ring tone (my phone has this thing where it plays a song for people who call me). The song I have on my phone is this one:

I liked prayer by Disturbed a few years ago but since I'm getting more religious I find it harder to enjoy those songs as much anymore though I really do like the songs.Getting into the new Christian music more lately as it helps me.

My favorite by Casting Crowns is

My favorite Christian band would be Third Day tho.

Actually been kinda shocking as I never thought I would ever get into Christian Music.It's changed.

Not exactly the fellow that would listen to The Mormon Tabernacle Choir all day even though they are really good.I don't listen to KLove (not in my area) but like their youtube channel as it has accoustic performances.I do know what a ringtone is I'm not that old. hehe

Edited by Therauh

I liked prayer by Disturbed a few years ago but since I'm getting more religious I find it harder to enjoy those songs as much anymore though I really do like the songs.Getting into the new Christian music more lately as it helps me.

My favorite by Casting Crowns is Till the Whole World Hears.

My favorite Christian band would be Third Day tho.

Actually been kinda shocking as I never thought I would ever get into Christian Music.It's changed.

Not exactly the fellow that would listen to The Mormon Tabernacle Choir all day even though they are really good.I don't listen to KLove (not in my area) but like their youtube channel as it has accoustic performances.I do know what a ringtone is I'm not that old. hehe

You forgot your link!

Sorry, but I'm really not a big fan of Christian rock. It's just too boring for me. I have a few exceptions, but they're all punk/hardcore bands.

I've always enjoyed good Celtic stuff. HELLO guitars. hahaha. This is a lot like a combination of Nightwish and Flogging Molly now. I really like this a lot. I'll look into it more and if they blow me away, I'll set it aside for purchase.

YouTube - Periphery - Light (lyrics)

I love this band because they deal heavily with the eternal question. That and there's some sick metal going on, haha. It's like a heavier Linkin Park with more religious lyrics. The technical genre is progressive metal.

Interesting I don't think I have heard anything quite like it. I thing the sound of the music is great. had a hard time with hearing some of the lyrics.

overall i like it :)

YouTube - Ticket Out of Hades

Ticket out of Hades, by 20lb sledge hammer Macho sauce productions.

Zo is one of my favorite commentators and this music all ways gets me pumping. I have heard it described as christian thrash metal somewhere cant remember where though...

Edited by Saldrin
because im a numbskull

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o2TU5ECj5Y

Ticket out of Hades, by 20lb sledge hammer Macho sauce productions.

Zo is one of my favorite commentators and this music all ways gets me pumping. I have heard it described as christian thrash metal somewhere cant remember where though...

Can you post another link to it? The one you posted is showing for me as a broken link.

Very interesting, a bit too heavy rock for me, but it has a good rhythm to it.

For a more folky Irish singer, I give you Kate Rusby singing I am stretched on your grave.

Beautiful voice. I like how the music has been stripped down, it really shows off her talent. The percussion build into the strings is really cool as well. It's got me tapping my hands on the table.

I just ordered this today. This song blew me away. I think you'll like it, Tarnished. It's got a lot of Celtic vibe to it. It's like a combination of Muse and Nightwish.

Edited by PrinceofLight2000

You are right, I do like it. It is a different mix of Celtic type feel and rock. Most Celtic rock I have come across has a little more of a folky feel to it. You find some good stuff.

I am going to share one of my favorite anime opening songs. It is by Yoko Kanno and it is the opening theme to Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

There are a lot of good anime tracks out there. I really love the vocals in this.

now for my favorite song from an anime.

YouTube - Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) Soundtrack 34

I just love the flute in this. i think it translates to "who do you protect"

Kenshin is one of my faves. the song is by Noriyuki Asakura

here is an electic guitar version

YouTube - Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) Soundtrack 35

and a hard version

YouTube - Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) Soundtrack 36

i like the first one the best though personally

Edited by Saldrin
adding differnt versions