love

Gwen

came across this and thought it was interesting.

In Love with Love? : TwoOfUs.org

What causes some people to become hooked on falling in love? Turns out, these cravings are linked to some pretty scientific phenomena. Being in loving or being on cocaine: in terms of brain function, the effect is virtually the same. Chemically speaking, we love to be in love. But some of us may develop a habit of being in love for the sake of being in love. And that can be dangerous.

So long as we are not in manic pursuit of a false emotional high, we can and should cultivate relationships that bring meaning, pleasure and satisfaction to our lives.

This is interesting because it's the euphoric chemical high experienced when initially "falling in love" that gets a lot of people into trouble. It can be lust or it can be love (the world barely distinguishes between the two), the chemical high comes most powerfully when we first begin to romantically connect with another person. Many people are highly distressed when that early rush slowly tapers off and is less overwhelming and powerful. "Do I love my spouse anymore? I don't feel the same strong emotions anymore. What went wrong???"

Endorphins, when you smile your body releases them, causing your to experience a "high". Boy meets girl, girl makes boy smile, its a natural attraction. I love meeting new people who make me smile, I have never done drugs or support those who you them, but i am a sucker for that natural high of smiling. Pretty women help.

S T Fin

The chemical high does have its place. It causes the initial attraction and bond, which softens the heart, knocks down the defensive walls, and paves the way for love to grow.

Maybe it doesn't do you any good to be obsessed with "the way things were in the beginning", because quite frankly, I think the better you know each other, the easier it is to figure out what makes your partner happy.

But you also don't have to have a boring marriage, in order to be a decent person. I mean, what good are you doing your marriage, if you allow it to get so boring, that it falls apart? You have to find a happy medium. Nothing wrong with relighting the fire when its needed.

Edited by Melissa569

One word, newlyweds.

My best friend just got married and boy is her head clear up in the clouds! She tells me she counts down the hours before she's off work to see her sweetheart again, and that she can't stand it when they're apart. She can't sleep unless she's literally sleeping ON her husband's chest and they're snuggling. Which is all fine and dandy but the honeymoon does end and reality does kick in. Relationships go through stages and that's OK. I love my husband with all my heart but I'm not counting down the hours and minutes until we're running into each others arms again..

One word, newlyweds.

My best friend just got married and boy is her head clear up in the clouds! She tells me she counts down the hours before she's off work to see her sweetheart again, and that she can't stand it when they're apart. She can't sleep unless she's literally sleeping ON her husband's chest and they're snuggling. Which is all fine and dandy but the honeymoon does end and reality does kick in. Relationships go through stages and that's OK. I love my husband with all my heart but I'm not counting down the hours and minutes until we're running into each others arms again..

That's adorable. haha.

Love.

When you see your boy down in the dumps, feverish, pukish, green in the gills, uncombed, unshaven, morning/noon/and afternoon breath, eyes red, nose snotty, unshowered for 5 days, letting go of a few choice words, grumpy, hating life, maybe even you...

... and you're okay with that. You're so okay with it, you hold his hand all throughout the experience until he starts to feel better.

OR

... he is engrossed in a sports game on TV you don't understand, answering everything with "huh?" and a grunt, asks you for a can of soda and chips while completely ignoring you for 3 hours, he shouts "RAH! YOO HOO!"...

... and you shout "YEAH! Wasn't that awesome?", when you have no clue what went down.

And vice versa.