Dating in ward while being Ward Executive Secretary

EQ_Guy

Why would it?

Because you're intimately familiar with who is meeting with the bishop on a regular basis, and -- in some cases, maybe even knowing why -- it could be awkward. Mostly I think others might not be comfortable with how much they think EQG might know about them, real or perceived.

Meh. If the ES respects the bounds of confidentiality and he keeps the lines between calling and personal life clear, I can't see there would be any real threat. I can see that some may feel uncomfortable. Of course that just means people need to talk it out rather than assuming things. But thanks for pointing it out. I'd hate to see a pretty girl sitting home on Saturday night cuz somebody assumed she'd be bugged.

You're right on the money. Some assume I know why they're seeing the bishop and sometimes I have to tell them I don't know because sometimes I don't know. And what if I dated a girl and it went bad and then she didn't want to talk with me anymore, but she had to see the bishop. Do you think she might delay going thru me and making an appt?

This is addressed to whoever reads this post by the way.

Because you're intimately familiar with who is meeting with the bishop on a regular basis, and -- in some cases, maybe even knowing why -- it could be awkward. Mostly I think others might not be comfortable with how much they think EQG might know about them, real or perceived.

You're right on the money. Some assume I know why they're seeing the bishop and sometimes I have to tell them I don't know because sometimes I don't know. And what if I dated a girl and it went bad and then she didn't want to talk with me anymore, but she had to see the bishop. Do you think she might delay going thru me and making an appt?

If it went bad, I'd hope she'd have the good sense to call the bishop directly. Any bishop worth his salt would be understanding of that situation (whether it be rational or not doesn't matter...people aren't rational).

Stop trying to "take care" of everybody. You don't need too. We're all big boys and girls.

Personally, if he was good kisser, I'd take the risk! :D

Yes, I'd think a bishop would understand if she didn't want to deal with the secretary if it went bad.

If it went bad, I'd hope she'd have the good sense to call

the bishop directly. Any bishop worth his salt would be understanding of that situation (whether it be rational or not doesn't matter...people aren't rational).

I've been thinking about it for weeks and weeks, but now it seems me and this other person really like each other and I just have no interest in anyone else right now. The funny thing is this other person lives over 1,000 miles away.

More later on this maybe

Okay, so ask her out this weekend and let us know how it goes! The suspense is killing me...

da duh DDUUUMMMMMMMMM.....:spy:

I've been thinking about it for weeks and weeks, but now it seems me and this other person really like each other and I just have no interest in anyone else right now. The funny thing is this other person lives over 1,000 miles away.

More later on this maybe

Ok. Honey, Stop thinking!!!!! and ask this poor woman out!! She's prolly dying on the vine waiting. I'm dying on the vine waiting for you!

(EQ, you need to know I am a really nice person. I'm just a wise-acker most of the time too. so forgive me cheek. OK? Enjoy your date. I hope there is kissing.)

I'm gonna guess that EQG has an interest in somebody in his ward, which started this conversation. But then there's this other girl, that's 1000 miles away, and something has developed since the start of this thread that has made EQG decide to put the issue of ES/ward member aside because he is really focused on #2, 1000 miles away right now.

At least that's the best sense I can make of this. Perhaps I'm way off base, but that's how I put the puzzle together.

This thread is a cliffhanger. We don't know if he asked her out! We don't know if she's pining away for him. We don't know if he was too late because his best friend got to her first. We don't know if he ran out of gas trying to drive the 1000 miles to her house.

For gosh sakes! I need book II!!!