5 items only, the economies shut-down

WyomingEMT

Water is very inportant. We are putting in a cement back patio and cut into a water line. "Oh baby" water water everywhere, and then no water at all. If you want to see how much water you use in a day, turn off your water coming into your home for just one day. You can never have too much stored water.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and I just returned from a trip to the big apple (New York, New York). As we enjoyed the beautiful sites and bumped into all 6 million residences of new york. I wonder what it would be like in a big city if the economy went south. As I looked up at the walls of sky scrapers, I wondered what these people would do. Its the same for any really big city, like Chicago or LA. Thankfully we still are allowed to have a gun for protection in the mid-west. It is one of the only devises a man or women has to level the playing field to compensate for the difference in size, strength, and numbers, that might want what you have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest tiger_neil

1. maxi-pads.(ask most women)

2. All the milk you can get(which will not be much)

3. Batteries. AA C and D cell

4. Spices(suplment all that bland Wheat)

5. Olive oil as much as possible(good for more thanjust priesthood blessings)

This list is assuming you have your normal years supply.:o

First if we have a large EMP event then anything that has a computer chip may or may not work again.

So you could find nothing working or you could have and ice storm and no power, tornado and no power, a flood and no power there are many reasons why things stop as we know them now.

You can store open pollinated seeds in your freezer for longer shelf life, but you need a place to plant them, water them, and put up the food as it comes on, think canning here.

what would I want and I am limited to only 5 things

1. someone to be with me so I am not alone

2. a good warm home that is out in the back country

3. good soil to grow food on

4. a few head of livestock or good hunting area for meat

5. water and wood to enjoy

Storing gasoline is a not a good thing, first it is very combustible, second you have to deal with shrinkage, think evaporation here, second how to get it out of the containers if they are large.

If you are where you have a lot of ground that is good for growing, just how are you going to work this land, by hand, by tractor: where is the fuel and oil and filters and grease coming from, horses; do you have all the equipment and harness to do this and do you know how to do this?

Now lets gets really scary there are no wild animals as they are all dead, the sun is very hot and ultraviolet's very high so you can not go outside during the day. At night temperature is very cool and you have to do all you work outside during this time. There are no electric companies, no gasoline, no diesel, equipment just sits and rusts, no horses to help with the work. How do you survive? Oh and just to be interesting no close neighbors either. The climate as we know it has totally changed due whatever event you like war, solar flares or just plain a series of natural disasters. So you are at your retreat and have whoever is with you and that is all there is in the world for you.

Oh did you stock up on medical supplies before it got to late? How about a firearm or two as there will be folks looking for food and water and shelter and they don't really care how hard you worked to get what you have, they just know they want it and are willing to do whatever they need to get you stuff.

have fun with this and yes it might happen to various degrees but it does make one stop and ponder just what is the right thing to do where you are and where you hope to be when things fall apart.