Behavior during conference?

cassious

Hey!

Ok, so I'm going to a Mormon friend's house today to work on the project but I realized I've never been with other Mormons during a conference and was wondering how, at home, typical Mormon families behave while watching it. I'm assuming it's not treated like a regular TV program, that the prayers are observed and respected. But are there any other things I should know to do/not do?

Thanks!

It depends on the family. Some families want a very reverent churchlike atmosphere during conference sessions. My house is the opposite - I'm sitting in the middle of a destroyed living room after a day of horsie rides and chasing screaming giggly girls around. Earlier today we emptied the 72 hour kits out in the middle of the floor and celebrated the feast of the perishables.

OK - either I am a day late or I'm 6 months early:

Try to keep the drinking and smoking to a minimum -- and only regular tobacco for the smokes - none of that funny stuff.

OK, just kidding, follow the lead of the family, some will be formal, some informal and some everywhere inbetween.

We DVR them and watch them when we have time, it was a great weekend for working outside, temps in the 70's here in Texas - something we don't see a lot of.